YOU "THINK" YOU KNOW.....BUT...YOU DON'T KNOW!!

by Terry 93 Replies latest watchtower bible

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Why does the Jehovah witness organization even have printing operations???

Why don't they just use "Worldy" publishing companies?

Do any other religions have huge publishing businesses?

It doesn't smell right.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

As the previous poster mentioned that the Society has painted post Armaggedon as some dreamy place where the Society would direct the so called paradise. They have bamboozled the witnesses into submission or rather supression, The WTS proclaims that N. W. will be theocratically run as it is being done today.( coughing). LOOK OUT WITNESSES!!

Oh dear, No more wealth!! as there will be no need for money. Oh gee! what will we do? No more goodies. and no more power control.

They also say that everything in this system will be destroyed. How illogical and unreasonably does that sound. Does it make sense that God would destroy all the telecommunications and all the wealth of this will world will mean nothing to them? I hardly believe that. The Org. is so money hungry and so rigid with its followers I can't see an organization. all I see is dellusional people. Confused and dazed..

Just how will the society keeps its people in order? Disfellowship them.?? That is the only thing this organization holds over the witnesses today is. DISFELLOWSHIPPING, Oh no we can't do that, there will be no bad witnesses.

I predict if paradise exists as protrayed by the WTS GB comes to be, then all I see is chaos, not organization. How obedient will people want to be when they see blood as high as a horse bridle as the bible says.? Or millions and millions of dead people. Lets scare them into obediance?

I can't understand how I allowed my self to stay a witness when I was old enough to leave. Fear more than likely. But it was the brainwashing and the harsh reality that you will lose everyone who means anything to you. They will destroy all that was perfectly set up by God orginally "the family".

One step at a time the power hungry witnesses have controled the lives of its followers. It seems that wealth controls the masses.

I abhor WTS for what they have done to so many wonderful persons in their oppressive organization..

Let see them burn in the lake of fire (Gehanna) and never again exist to destroy good people. They WTS will be in that lake where the devil and demons already exist.

Orangefatcat

• jam
    jam

IN THE EARLY 70.s WHILE DOING STREET WORK IN FRONT OF THE DOUGHNUT SHOP, A WINE-O TOLD ME , YOUNG MAN WHY ARE YOU STANDING HERE PESTERING PEOPLE WITH THOSE MAGAZINES. DO YOU REALIZE THE MONEY YOU RECEVIE IS MAKING SOMEONE RICH. HE WAS A DRUNK BUT VERY INTELLIGENT. I REMERBER THIS BECAUSE HE TOLD ME, THER ARE MEN AT WT. HEAD OFFICE THAT ARE BECOMING VERY WEALTH BECAUSE OF FOOLS LIKE YOU. GUESS WHAT MY RESPONSE WAS, YES I AM A FOOL FOR JEHOVAH. AND THEN HE TOLD ME GIVE THE MONEY TO HIM , HE WOULD USE IT WISELY. IF I HAD KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT I KNOW TODAY WE BOTH COULD HAVE SHARED THAT BOTTLE OF WINE.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Love makes the world go 'round, but money greases the hub.

Watchtower is the same way. Their ideals are based on a perverted version of love, but it is the exaulted positions that drive it. For the GB and any other person of rank, it is not so much about money, although everything they want is provided (circuit overseers included), it is about the position.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Interesting theory terry but I have to agree with hillary. I don't see the GB personally benefitting from the monies except in extending their fanatical reach to all parts of the globe. I truly believe they are bit misguided and victums of their own belief system. I have pictures of fred franz and ganges when they were alive, they weren't exactly living in opulence in bethel.

brofranzandblurryfriends.jpg

ganges.jpg

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Caption to last photo...."Damm I wish he would leave, that Viaggra is kicking in."

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

I will at least give the GB this much, they don't live in luxury. Aside from Rutherford's San Diego "resurrection time machine" (walk through the front door dead, come out the back door as "David") I don't see many yachts and expensive vacations, unless I've missed something. They do buy quality items. I visited Bethel once and gave a small piano concert in the lobby. The piano was a good one.

I don't see the purpose of expanding any building projects. Isn't the end close? Why waste the money. Isn't this the reason they told us not to go to college, so "Armageddon wouldn't catch you in your senior year"? Why would they expect that all their current building will survive Armageddon or any social conflicts before?

The preaching work is a joke. How many millions of hours are spent to make a convert? Not counting family? Why aren't they on the internet with email, discussion groups, online Bible studies, etc. Why no TV commercials? They used to have a radio station on Staten Island, I saw it myself. How will they reach Bangladesh and India? Aren't those people just as worthy to be saved? Why repeatedly cover the same blocks in town here in the US when it's plain that no one wants them to visit? How many of us found converts door to door? I wasn't found that way.

Well, I don't have 3 hours to ask more questions, so I'll leave it at that. My best to all. Happy New Year.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

For many it is about power. The GB are worshiped by millions of people worldwide. It must be a HUGE power trip to control so many peoples lives. And who knows just how much money these folks have squirled away someplace. But one thing is for sure, they are wanting for NOTHING.

• Anitar
    Anitar

Hi Jeff, Happy New Year!

Terry, let me say, magnificent post. I have been trying to develop the perfect five minute summary of the Watchtower for years that is direct to the point, undeniable to a Jehovah Witness, and yet simple enough for a total stranger to understand.

I do have one observation to point out however. You mentioned that other religions have to disclose their finances in order to justify keeping their clergy or ministers living in luxury. I don't believe this is the case with the majority of ministers. Yes there are some wealthy bishops, but you might consider that certain religions are associated with certain social classes. For example, many upper class people prefer Protestant or Episcopal faiths, the middle classes tend to be Catholic or Lutheran, while the lower classes are Baptist or Methodist. I don't mean to insult you or anyone else, nor do I want to generalize anyone. Of course, we are all individuals. I merely speak from a sociological point of view.

As you stated earlier, it's hard to follow the financial status of the Watchtower. If a Jehovah Witness is rich, they probably spend and invest all of their money and resources in the organizaton. Most of the rank and file are poor, in many more ways than one. I'd just like to say that I'm not an expert on other religions, but all of the priests I have met while I have been a Catholic have all been poor, and very charitable and hardworking in the community.

Anitar

• Anitar
    Anitar

Hey Mike, I didn't forget you...

Happy New Year

Take care of yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit