YOU "THINK" YOU KNOW.....BUT...YOU DON'T KNOW!!

by Terry 93 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JAVA
    JAVA

Terry--Good thread; thanks for putting it together! To a large degree the god of the Tower is the Money God. I don't believe it started off that way, but it's all about $$$ today, and has been for many years. The rank-n-file are busy counting hours, and they don't see behind the WT curtain of Power, Control, and Real Estate. The Tower does not spend a dime on helping others--it's all about them. It takes a lot of money to feed the ego of the only true religion.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Excellent post Terry, I too have said the same things for years. This is the only organization/business I have ever known to rake in a billion dollars a year, and yet no-one knows where its going. Almost all mainstream religions in the US show some evidence of where their money is going. The WT Society's money is just funneled into a black hole. Here's something else to ponder--supposedy the WT Society is composed of 300 shareholders who vote once a year in October at the annual meeting. I have been on this site for several years and I have yet to find anyone who can name these 300 shareholders, other than a few obvious people. Since the WT Society is a privately traded company they are not required to disclose the identity of their shareholders.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Brothers, the assembly is still running a deficit at this late hour. Can you leave us the farm?

Outaservice (get um God )

• moshe
    moshe

Ask 100 witnesses to write 300 word essays about the "King of the North", "Jesus the mediator of the new covenant" or "History of the Watchtower Society" and the average JW couldn't muster even 50 words on the subject. Time and again the ex-JW has made a monkey out of active JW's who try to discuss doctrines and history of their organization. I think they just zone out after a few years of changes to their original teachings and stop trying to update their beliefs. The average JW kid in the USA knows 99% more information about the Presidents of America, than about the presidents/leaders of the WT Society.

• karnage
    karnage

I was discussing some of these very same points to my wife just the other day. If they Witnesses were trying to gain more people into the organization, then something like community events or a hospital would surely get them some attention. But instead, they do nothing. They would rather ambush you at a gas station or super market (Parking Lot Witnessing) into present the Watchtower and Awake magazines. I don't get it all. It doesn't make any sence to me.

Terry, you are on to something brother! Just where does all of that money that the WTBS gains goes? Great questions!

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

Makes sense,

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

You make me proud that my first name is Terry also. *smile*

"Watchtower Bible & Tract Society owns their own printing presses, makes their own ink and paper and have free distribution of any/everything they print to all corners of the Earth. They charge money for their books, magazines, etc. They don't pay their distributors anything by way of wages/salary. Is this profitable? Doesn't matter because they are a tax-exempt religious organization that doesn't answer to public scrutiny."

Vertical integration.

I have swept aside things in the past, before my stint, as well as during it, about the sincerity and motives of the organization. But in the last few weeks, I have seen very convincing information here that really points to the true purpose of the main people in the organization - securing a tax-free empire. There are sincere people within the ranks, as I once was myself. But, with things like the Tacoma Parking scandal, and other situations like it, there are too many instances of deceit and duplicity when it comes to money, or the threat of lawsuits, which, of course, deal in money.

If the organization's leaders truly trusted in Jehovah and had the backing of holy spirit, it would not concern itself with the things it concerns itself with. Period.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Mad Tiger wrote:

But, with things like the Tacoma Parking scandal, and other situations like it, there are too many instances of deceit and duplicity when it comes to money, or the threat of lawsuits, which, of course, deal in money.

Right on. Did it ever occur to any of these corporate-religion pigs that Armaggedon would actually be the worst thing that could possibly happen to the WT society? You know - no more normal society to depend on for infrastructure, no ordinary (employed) citizens to mooch on for the magazine contributions, no more free ride from a progressive government that refuses to tax even the wierdest of religious cults, etc...?

BTW, would you mind bringing us back up to date on the "Tacoma Parking scandal" - it rings a bell, but I can't recall the details.

Thanks, James

• Quandry
    Quandry

No, I didn't know. Thanks for the info.

I didn't even shop Montgomery Ward many times. I went to the second hand store for myself and my little girl. I would sew new lace to the bottom of a second hand dress. I made all her hairbows. I bought second hand toys. My husband had his shoes resoled after walking so much in service.

Why did we this? Because we were admonished to keep our eye simple. Do not get distracted with an education or good job.

We had no money yet gave the CO $50 every time he came. A fortune for us in the 80s. Why? Because of the all important work he did and of course we knew that he got very little money for his enormous sacrifice.

Many years later, we learned that the CO was being provided with an apartment, a new car, much much better than the one we drove, and that all his health insurance needs were cared for--my family had no health insurance--by keeping our lives simple we couldn't afford any.

Yes this did start to make me a tad bit irritated. The CO seemed to have very nice suits and new polished shoes.

I did begin to wonder where the money went. I contented myself that since all monies went to further "the worldwide work" that the WTS knew best where it was needed and that new Kingdom Halls being built in Africa and other depressed places was where it was used.

I always wondered how Assemblies and Conventions could cost so so so much that they always had to ask for more money to cover expenses. Wasn't all work volunteer?

Recently I have found out just how much the WTS has in millions, due to posters on this forum. I didn't know about investments in companies that support war efforts, though. What a contradiction.

• jaded
    jaded

It is great posts like these that keep me coming back for more. I'm sure that there are many like me who don't post too often but really appreciate this board. Thank you and keep up the good work. I am sure that you and other regular posters are helping many to find out the real truth about the "truth".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit