YOU "THINK" YOU KNOW.....BUT...YOU DON'T KNOW!!

by Terry 93 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Stimulating thread : I must come in with Hilary Step and others who present the GB as misguided & deluded rather than criminal .

I do not think that the WTS is "all about money", if it were they could do things which would maximise their income. The non donation arrangement for literature has surely not increased their income.

There are certainly many questions to be asked, but I believe it is more about power and the maintenance of the status quo than gaining more money.

Nb The WTS does publish accounts

Somebody asked why Michael Jackson was not publicly disowned? I have anecdotal reports, from a sister with contact in California, that he was d/f'd many years before the abuse scandal broke . They never publicly comment about people.

They have denied any involvement with Rand Cam

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Terry

Very good thread - this is something that we have often discussed.

We do hope that these financial advisors/experts, are "spiritually qualified" before they are given such priviledges, just as the rest of the rank and file were/are.

Assuming that accounts are filed. These accounts may not disclose the names of the shareholders, but they should prove that the money is either in the Bank Accounts and other Investments or in Assets. Perhaps the "Investments" heading on the Balance Sheet, should be where the search starts?

KT and Twinkletoes

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

What I do KNOW is I just want my share of all the donations I gave to the Watchtower Society for 32 years under false pretenses. That I KNOW will never happen. They promised me a better life, an everlasting one, in perfect health and happiness. That I KNOW will never happen. If I KNEW then what I KNOW now ,then, I would of KNEW then what I KNOW now. I KNOW that I will never get back what I lost financially slaving for the Watchtower for those 32 years. I don't think I KNOW these things, I KNOW that I KNOW these things.

Blueblades ( who should of KNOWN better ) "The CARROT" got me.

• gumby
    gumby
    the GB as misguided & deluded rather than criminal .

I'm also of this belief.

If one could point a finger at anyone on the governing body who has a selfish motive.....other than prominence...I'd like to see it. What is scary is the thought that only one man on the governing body ,R.Franz, had the balls to call it as he saw it. When I go to the hall and see faces that have been there 15-20 years, it's depressing to come to realise that more people than not have no thinking ability of their own. It's depressing to know that regardless of the exposer the witnesses have that shows up their true colors.......most will continue to turn a deaf ear to it.

Gumsad

• Terry
    Terry
    When I go to the hall and see faces that have been there 15-20 years, it's depressing to come to realise that more people than not have no thinking ability of their own. It's depressing to know that regardless of the exposer the witnesses have that shows up their true colors.......most will continue to turn a deaf ear to it.

Gumsad

I visualize the Kingdom Hall as the passenger cabin on an airplane thousands of feet in the sky with a pilot who is asleep (or dead) and the jet is flying on automatic pilot.

There is no way for anybody to know (or fear) their fate because everything seems to be going along smoothly.

The problem with Jehovah's Witnesses is that there IS NO LANDING for them. They simply must run out of fuel.

Ironically, the (dead/sleeping) pilot has billions of dollars in escrow that he can't ever use.

The passengers are all making their plans for what they'll do after they land.

The momentum is tragic.

• Terry
    Terry
    If a Jehovah Witness is rich, they probably spend and invest all of their money and resources in the organizaton. Most of the rank and file are poor,

Wealthy people in the Kingdom hall (few as they are) are converts. You can't become rich wasting your time in field service, attending meetings, conducting bible studies and pleasing the elders.

The rest are "poor" because they are not allowed to plan (and work) for their future properly and attend to business in a way advantageous to themselves or their offspring.

As Dr.Phil says, "this is a kill and eat world." In other words, you don't get anything unless you make it happen for yourself.

The Jehovah's Witnesses I know and have known have had their hands tied as far as advancing themselves if they remain in good standing. If they came in to the Organization with anything of an asset or wealth it was all done BEFORE they came in.

All the millions/billions that has accumulated by the Watchtower Society is there because there is a huge engine driving the wealth: UNPAID labor! In a religion you can get away with this chronic injustice.

T

• gumby
    gumby

I just want you to know Terry...I STILL think you have pretty boobs for a guy

Gumby

• James King
    James King

Well done! You are so right. Keep on protesting and informing.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Anitar: Happy New Year to you too. Keep up the good work.

• ZEN
    ZEN

Yeah Terry, great job!!! My thoughts exactly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit