YOU "THINK" YOU KNOW.....BUT...YOU DON'T KNOW!!

by Terry 93 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

No matter how they live, I still wish they would open some soup kitchens and do more charity work. They offer the literature, but people can't pay their bills or get food using the books.

• Terry
    Terry
    No matter how they live, I still wish they would open some soup kitchens and do more charity work. They offer the literature, but people can't pay their bills or get food using the books.

In all the years I was an active JW nobody ever really brought the subject of charity to my attention. I wonder how I would have responded to the charge that Jehovah's Witnesses are uncharitable and unfeeling when it comes to victims who are non-Jw's?

I can vaguely remember being imbued with a sense of personal contempt for mainstream charity by the JW's around me. They'd carp about how administrative costs ate up the funds given rather than going to the needy. However, nobody ever mentioned that Jehovah's Witnesses could do a better job!

Other religions were mocked in every way imaginable and never praised for the good they do in feeding the poor, housing the homeless, educating the ignorant, providing for orphans and widows and building an infrastructure of clinics, hospitals, schools and colleges to repair the ravages of social erosion. Never!

Thinking back on my years as a JW I realize now that there is no tangible good done by the JW's anywhere. They are an organization of megalomaniacs bragging about how loving they are, how superior in knowledge and pure in heart they are. Utterly lacking in a generous spirit of giving, volunteerism and charity these megalomaniacs distribute propaganda containing rancid ravings of troubled minds to the unwary householder and then, sit back with a complacent satisfaction that they properly served mankind!!

HUBRIS!!

• done4good
    done4good

Terry,

I believe that if the aquiring of money were the motive for the WTS it would be a much easier beast to bring to heel. My experience is that the GB and those in 'higher office' strongly believe the ideology that the WTS stands for. They believe it as strongly as you believed it when at your most fervent. This is what makes them so difficult to deal with as an Organization, and this is why Raymond Franz refers to the GB in 'Crisis Of Conscience', as 'victims of victims'. Ted Jaracz for example, refuses to accept any of the personal 'donations' that are sent his way and either returns them or places them in the coffers.

The aquisition of buildings, and now the selling of many of these buildings are viewed by the WTS as a tool to enable them to 'do the will of God'. I do not believe this is about money with the WTS, I wish it were!

The WTS do have personnel in the Bethel homes who specialize in investment in equities and other vehicles for safeguarding its investments. This frankly seems to me to be prudent for a large Organization that costs millions each year to run. I know some of these 'investors' have made a lot of money for some of the Bethel staff whose portfolios are handed to them. I know of a Branch co-ordinator who has for many years refused the monthly stipend that he and his wife are entitled to as he no longer needs the cash, now being financially independent.

I think that the ideology of the WTS is far more dangerous than its wealth, but it is this wealth that allows it to propagate and grow its poison.

HS

I haven't read beyond Hillary's post yet, as I didn't want to loose my thought, but she makes a very valid point. What the WT does is far more insideous, BECAUSE they believe in what they are doing, with sincerity. This makes it very easy for them, to not only hoarde money, but it is also, what makes them entirely aloof when it comes to dealing with the r&f in general. Think about this, if they BELIEVE they are the one and only true religion, they can just about justify any behavior that appears to support the religion's goals, including securing real estate, investing in defense companies, etc. Remember, it's THEOCRATIC WARFARE...

j

• Terry
    Terry
    Think about this, if they BELIEVE they are the one and only true religion, they can just about justify any behavior that appears to support the religion's goals, including securing real estate, investing in defense companies, etc. Remember, it's THEOCRATIC WARFARE...

j

This pretty much does violence to the Jesus-is-the-model behavior expected of Christians.

Jesus was all about hands on, face-to-face, in the moment, one on one, personal ministry to persons in need.

Healing is tangible. Resurrecting is tangible. Feeding is tangible. Sharp contrast can be drawn between what Jesus spent his time doing and what JW's spend their time doing.

Everything in JW theology has been pushed into the dark recesses of metaphorical and emblematic hocus-pocus.

Jesus invested in humanity with the entire treasure of his being. JW's invest their time and obedience in manmade shadowpuppetry selling worthless screeds.

Astonishing how black and white it is.

• done4good
    done4good

I agree completely, Terry. It really is obvious to us now, but at one time we were deluded also. The men in charge are so disconnected from reality that they don't SEE what's wrong with what they are doing. We can basically mutiply how we thought, (when in the WT), by 1000 to maybe get some grasp of how the GB thinks. Very sick.

j

• icocer
    icocer

bookmarking, for later viewing.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Great

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The king keeps comtrol of his slaves and the power that he has obtained, by the vertue of information given.

If the general public was to be taught in a step by step process how the WTS organization came to be from it's very begining to present day, they would probably never walk in to a

kingdom hall. So the key aspect of the culling is the information and how and when it is put forth.

As I've posted before on another topic just how dangerous the inter-net is seen by the WTS. the damaging info. here and elsewhere on the net has got them nervously shaking in their

boots ! Proof of this is given by the way they've had their legal department shut down web sites by threating law suits to the owners of those sites.

So yes they are closely monitering web sites including this one !

Possibly one can only surmise that the tract that they put out last summer, stating that all false religion was about to collapse was due to a

emotional kickback in responce to whats been put forth on the net.

Will have to wait and see what their next action is going to be.

Good work Terry and everyone who've posted here.................cheers

• Terry
    Terry
    So yes they are closely monitering web sites including this one !

I wonder if the Society even has Internet service!! It might well be considered waaaay tooo dangerous even for the strongest of the lot of them.

Human curiousity is innate.

I know I sure would have spent a lot of time on Apostate sites if there had been an Internet back then.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

It's all very bad press Terry, it's all information they don't want anybody seeing, those interested in them or those already in the faith. I personally know of a few jw's that left the org.

based primarily on info they found on the net. It does damage to their credibility and weakens their stature as the one and only true religion on earth.

There is a lot of Googling going on right now !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit