YOU "THINK" YOU KNOW.....BUT...YOU DON'T KNOW!!

by Terry 93 Replies latest watchtower bible

• james_woods
    james_woods

I am going to shock everyone by coming down on the side of Hillary_Step. I am also dubious that the WTS is controlled by the "mafia", the KKK, or AlQueida. I think they are a train wreck to happen, and under the misdirected control of their own delusions.

With one or two reservations, of course!

From what I have seen, indeed, most of the higher-ups fully believe the indoctrination. They are every bit as brainwashed as their janitor pioneers. For most of them, the big money is just a natural outcome of "doing the work of the lord". I think that by and large, they are much more overcome with their perceived power and position than with the amount of wealth they can get from the society.

However, there have been notable exceptions. I have seen amazing amounts of hypocrisy (practically up to the level of Jim and TammyFay) on the part of a number of the watchtower leaders. The obvious clear example was Rutherford. I will submit to you that Knorr was also such a "christian businessman". Who can forget the obvious "lifestyle challenged" Greenlees?

I find it hard to believe that such a cynical leadership is not fully aware of the vast amounts of money that they are building up.

I would also like to say that I find offensive the idea that Ray Franz (or any of the other dissenters of the 1980 era) "sold out" in any way, shape, or form. From what I knew of Ray and the others in those days, he was a decent and honest man who followed his true "conscience". I know for a fact that Ed Dunlap knew every bit as much of the inner workings of WTS as Ray, and he was sent packing with absolutely nothing in his old age - depending on his brother and others of us to help him rebuild life.

Sick bastards, yes. Controlled by the sinister Illuminati or some alien from the planet Zeno, no.

Just my own word on it,

James

• Green Chille
    Green Chille

I haven't read every message so if this link has been posted please forgive.

All About Money: http://www.watchtowernews.org/tacomapark.htm

• jstalin
    jstalin

It's a little surprising to me that a financial statement has never leaked out of Bethel. Although I think that it's unlikely that the Watchtower is skimming money or engaging in any illegal accounting practices, it would be interesting to see how they spend their money. I think it's most probable that the organization isn't run to well.

• Stealth
    Stealth

The WT not registering as a religeous organization for years in Mexico so they could retain their property was proof enough for me what the priority of the WTB$ is.

The religion took a back seat to the almighty $.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

JStalin,

It's a little surprising to me that a financial statement has never leaked out of Bethel.

Well, they have.

The accounts of the WTS & IBSA are a matter of public record. A very kind XJW faxes me a copy each year.

Best regards - HS

• jstalin
    jstalin
    The accounts of the WTS & IBSA are a matter of public record. A very kind XJW faxes me a copy each year.

Care to share? What accounts are included? Balance sheet, income statement, cash flows?

• Confession
    Confession

I too am in agreement with Hilary & James Woods. I acknowledge that the WTS intentionally tries to keep the full range of their teachings quiet, but I think that is primarily because they know such would bring poor publicity upon them. They prefer a "timed-release" of their "whole range of Bible teachings" so that you are (they hope) already baptized before you figure out the bizarre stuff.

Didn't really believe Armageddon was coming? Terry's points are well-taken, but I don't believe that either. The fact that they were still buying property on or around 1975 does not necessarily prove this. I am sure many were concerned that it might not happen--and that they'd better be prepared in the event it didn't.

I've started threads in the past that delved into whether or not the Governing Body or others in high-ranking positions really believe or are intentionally part of a great deception. I am sure there are some who don't really believe it and some who are not certain. But I submit that the majority fully believe they are playing a part in the spirit-directed management of God's interests on this planet. Money? It's easy to rationalize the virtue in making, maximizing and preserving money in any endeavor. And especially so when you're convinced you are allied with God's sole channel of communication.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

JStalin,

If you search my topic posts I posted all the details for the IBSA Accounts for 2004. The US accounts have also been posted the Board last year.

Cheers - HS

• forsharry
    forsharry

well God-Bless Scientology then!

Wait a minute...this isn't scientology's tactics? It's Jehovah's Witnesses?

Well hrm...that's...interesting.

;)

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

This has indeed been an interesting post. Terry you are right on. I firmly believe the bowels of the WTBS are very corrupt.

One of the biggest shams in the day of Rutherford was the building of Beth Sarim and he tried to convince the witnesses that this was an opulent home being built for the "ancient worthies", from Biblical days, as they called then. This all backfired,as we all know

What a farce, the Society had so much egg on their faces it would have made enough Omelettes for everyone around the world. This home was the lap of luxury, just as everything that is owned by the WTBTS. even today. Lush and plush..

(They must have been a laughing stalk by many persons when what they expected the end but still they owned the best of the best. Fancy big cars with V8 engines, swimming pools gyms, tennis courts, apartments furnished, monies given to the CO, and DO and GB on the sly. The clothes they own, either given them or bought for them.

Do you think for one moment that the Society would allow the Bethel's elite to get furniture provied by the Salvation Army or their clothing for that matter from a second hand store? No never not ever. Only the best of the best.

Lets giggle all the way to Holt Renfrews or 5th Ave ,. stores of delight. Or how about Rodeo Drive. Sacks or Any speciality store or establishment that exists and even dinning in the finest resturants around the world in any town or city.

And then these So called Assembly Halls that were built for districts but the money was borrowed from the Society and brothers made personal promises as to how much they would pay the society every month. Every cong, made these commitments. Even the same as KHs and then when a two day assembly is held, there are thousands of thousands of dollars needed to be paid to cover the cost of what I have no idea. They stopped serving meals years ago, So there is no cost for food. So where do all the donations go to. To fill the Wts coffers thats where.

Or they may be terrified that so many people are sueing them that they have to get the money somewhere to pay for those losses. Whoses pockets is that coming from? Theirs or you

Like I said before, how can you trust the WTS in any way when they try to justify their fornication with the image of the wildbeast.?.

Orangefatcat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit