by compound complex 116 Replies latest watchtower bible

• fokyc
    fokyc

The famous 'claw' has been discussed before,

I can't remember when though.

fokyc

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Strange that there would not be 'proofing' that would have caught this - the eye is definitely drawn to the gray claw - before printing a bizillion copies.

I admit that I have been a sceptic of the subliminal art conspiracy theory and still am when it comes to the mirror-image variety.

However, this claw, plus the "Ram" and other examples at SixScreens, are inexplicable.

http://www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/3subliminalimages.html

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Thanks! I appreciate the scan and the commentary. This has jogged a memory. I DO remember seeing this as a teen, and a couple of the friends just wrote it off as "volunteer" art.

I still have my own opinions about subliminal art in the WT. I will try to be as open minded as I can about it, but if I might add a comment, this doesn't seem subliminal, this seems obvious. Whether it was an example of bad art, or a disgruntled artist with an attitude, it seems a little to obvious.

I guess to me, subliminal art has as its goal mind manipulation and control. I will do my best to reconsider my current stance, but my opinion still is that subliminal art is not a device that the GB uses.

• knock knock
    knock knock

You guys are usually so good at spotting this stuff but I think you're all missing the bigger picture.

alt

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks ever so, Knock!

Religion is a scepter and a raquet! Even heaven has been infiltrated!

Tennis for earthly completeness, seven for heavenly.

• Mary
    Mary

Yep.....In my Revelation Climax book, it's also got some subliminal art:

Revelation.gif picture by sam3217

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear and Kindly Mary,

You are certainly clever with your visual manipulations ... is it for this reason that the true believers are incredulous when we approach them with our truth? LOLOLOL!

May the farce be with you, Mary, Mary, e'er contrary!

We love you just the way you are ...

CoCo L'Artiste

• restrangled
    restrangled

Hey Coco!

We just cleaned out our garage and this book was ready for the trash heap. I pulled it out thinking I may need this for future referance.....and here it is!

As someone who has been a somewhat artist through my younger years, this strange hand to me was definately meant to be seen.

There is something very wrong here in the artist's mind, and was allowed to be printed. It is a hideous hand with claws in grey. No other hand, even futher back is even close. It cannot be explained away by shadows etc.

It is definately meant to be an ugly claw like ......something!

r.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi Tangled Errs!

Yes, how could it be anything but deliberate? I pointed out page 52 to a friend and the comment made was that some JWs are so paranoid over pictures or jewelry displaying cherubs - demonism! Yet the Society allows this, and worse, and DENIES that it's even there.

I know what you mean about ready for the trash heap; I'd throw out all my WT pubs but for my need of the hideous illustrations for my little DEMONstrations.

Why can't the GeeBee just come clean?

Don't even try to answer that!

Thanks for commenting, Errs. The GeeBee errs continuously ...

CoCo Mend Plum Pox

• Frank.L
    Frank.L

Geesh!..lol..Whatsa matter with u guys...the Governing Body allows- from time to time- questionable pics in the literature to weed out anyone with apostate leanings. Its part of doing business. With large numbers of publishers this is just another way to keep the house clean. Do you really believe that no one on the GB knows this stuff is in there? Someone is in charge of this ....i think whether it has been brought into the literature by their own means or not isnt important to them. Jehovah is "guiding the work" so, they see the larger picture....who gets stumbled out of the org is "not of their sort" so bye bye to all apostates.....The "cost" of being a JW is in overlooking all the crap and continuing on with ur duty to preach. Thats the only way to serve Jeh. Blindly obedient. .........Ok ..who knows what the GB has said in private about ALL those pics but there are so many of them that it seems too convenient for them not to use it as a "tool"....I think in GB meetings THEY say "well let Jeh take care of it" and then ignore it and at the same time "use it" ...my thoughs anyways.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit