Revelation Climax, page 52, Kindly Respond

by compound complex 116 Replies latest watchtower bible

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

FWIW,

That book is filled with terrible art. I don't get anything more out of it than that.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth
    That book is filled with terrible art

You did not need to limit it to that watchtower publication, it is all of them!!!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

You did not need to limit it to that watchtower publication, it is all of them!!!

I should clarify. While all watchtower books have bad art in them to one degree or another, the revelation climax book is different in the amount of bad art that seems to have been rushed into production.

From a technical standpoint, many of the drawings are very sloppy. Some are just pencil drawings that appear to have been drawn by amateurs. Many of the newer drawings and paintings they use are very refined, devoid of style, but refiend none the less. The revelation climax is the worst example of watchtower art I have ever seen. It's as if the art department couldn't handle the work being given to them, and ended up just pushing to press many poorly drawn images they wouldn't have used otherwise. Time was possibly a factor, but I don't really know.

• Farkel
    Farkel

drew,

:The revelation climax is the worst example of watchtower art I have ever seen

You should take a lookat the art in Rutherford's Rainbow series as well as the cartoons in the Golden Age. They aren't even as good as the work of a high school art student.

Farkel

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

You should take a lookat the art in Rutherford's Rainbow series as well as the cartoons in the Golden Age. They aren't even as good as the work of a high school art student.

I think the style of some of those cartoons fit with the era. Not great, but not exactly awful. Just kind of junkie. The climax book stuff is just sloppy beyond all belief. There is one pencil drawing I can think of that is especially terrible. Very bad shading. Looks like it was done by a art student reject after he finished working on a pencil sketch of his favorite musician.

• freydo
    freydo

So obviously and since it was brought up on another thread.... this couldn't have been the work of just one

wacked out artist thinking they could slip something by the censors. So who else had to be involved?

It's like "What did the President know and when did he know it?"

And another thingy, if dubs can't have beards, how come it's ok in the pictures? And those crowns - sheesh.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

I don't see anything nefarious here.

An artist who owns a company which sells high quality paint and air brushes posted his story on Barbara Anderson's site. He used to be a JW and he donated some of his patented air brushes and paints to the WTBTS and gave them some free consulting so that he could teach the art department how to use his products and also he was to look at the art department's processes and make recommendations on how to improve things.

His report was that the art department is filled with people who are incompetent, pig headed, dishonest, and put having their egos massaged above producing quality work. He stated that none of the department heads were qualified to do their jobs and they should immediately be fired.

His report was scathing to say the least. I put the "claw" hand in the above picture down to incompetent amateurs trying to depict motion but not knowing how to do it and managers with huge egos refusing to admit that something was done incorrectly.

Oh, and this artist left the JW religion after seeing first hand what really goes on at Bethel.

Here is the link to his story.

http://www.freeminds.org/life-stories/rank-file/my-two-week-consulting-trip-to-bethel.html

• jdhf
    jdhf

I know this looks creepy, but I honestly believe it is just really bad art work/ I've seen similar hands drawn.. alot of the art is terrible.

• cedric1er
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Cedric, and welcome to the forum.

How did you create that effect of completion within the circle?

Gratefully,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit