A reminder on Shunning family members again in the January 15th Watchtower!

by Gill 61 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Most of the points mentioned here are regurgitations from other articles. It was interesting to me to see that they are emphasizing the caution that parents cooperate with the elders and not "take their child's side." Must be a lot of that going on for them to suggest that any JW parent would ever disagree with the elders!

km 8/02 p. 4 par. 8 Display Christian Loyalty When a Relative Is Disfellowshipped ***

If a minor child living in the home is disfellowshipped, Christian parents are still responsible for his upbringing. TheWatchtower of November 15, 1988, page 20, states: "Just as they will continue to provide him with food, clothing, and shelter, they need to instruct and discipline him in line with God’s Word. (Proverbs 6:20-22; 29:17) Loving parents may thus arrange to have a home Bible study with him, even if he is disfellowshipped. Maybe he will derive the most corrective benefit from their studying with him alone. Or they may decide that he can continue to share in the family study arrangement."—See also TheWatchtower of October 1, 2001, pages 16-17.

• Jourles
    Jourles
    included are children who were raised in it but never baptised and left.

If this part is included in the article, then how should JW's who view the new Knocking documentary feel about the film maker(who is also gay)? Should they avoid him? Avoid anything he says? Films?

• restrangled
    restrangled

As a recipient of this sick behavior at age 16, I can tell you it left life long damage. At age 47 I have absolutely no connection with God and total disdain for any religion. Trust was permanently broken in every direction and the lessen learned was I could be tossed out like a piece of garbage at a moments notice. The other lessen was any JW will turn on you in a moments notice with hateful vengence. It is an evil empire.

r.

• Terry
    Terry

Where, oh, where is Jesus in all this?

The Watchtower minions only seem to like Paul and ignore Jesus altogether!

Jesus spent his time with social outcasts. Jesus had conflicts with the "righteous" people.

Jesus had compassion and forgiveness to offer. Paul, is an angry and prejudiced man with frustrations and a (gasp)Pharisee mindset for rules and more rules.

Jesus told of the shepherd who left the ninety and nine sheep to go in search of the one lost sheep. Jesus did not tell of the shepherd who ostracised the stray sheep and badmouthed him to the rest of the flock.

Jesus and what he stood for is complete lost and distorted by Jehovah's Witness leaders.

• TopHat
    TopHat

WTS= Cold Hearted and unloving

• mouthy
    mouthy

This is one of the sickest articles I have ever seen!

Then you havent been in the WT as long as I was if this is the sickest you have read. Now I am free( well not entirely) I go back & read their "ORDERS" from Bethel.... & I cant believe I swallowed that stuff. I Believe it really proves I was spiritually BLIND!!!
    I say I am not entirely free. >because it is Christmas nearly ,I rememeber how cruel I was by depriving my family of such an occasion. ( One still in the WT... Two Dead! & my hubby also a victim of my "power") )I find it hard not to be heavy hearted at this time of year. I spend it alone & remember that for 25 yrs I Passed out judgement ,,,,,,at least if I was with Jonestown I would have drunk the coolaid..This way I just have memories....And they hurt....

• Gill
    Gill

(((((((( Mouthy )))))))))))))

Let that serve as a lesson to all of us, Mouthy. We must never waste the time we have with our loved ones, and the occassions to do something more for them or something special are to be prized. Exactly what the WTBTS doesn't want its members to do. It wants ALL their time, money and lives.

It's NOT your fault you missed those times. It's the fault of the WTBTS! If you'd chosen to celebrate christmas they'd have had you shunned by your family. They had you by the throat whichever you look at it. But ALWAYS put the blame squarely where it lies, on the lying arses, self pontificating morons in Crooklyn!

• mouthy
    mouthy

(((((((((((((((((GILL))))))))))))Thanks

• minimus
    minimus

"The Devil".....He's gonna getcha if you don't listen to us!!! Always scaring people! Yup, if you associate with a non minor child, your own flesh and blood, you could get demonized!

• Gill
    Gill

Mouthy! My pleasure!

I know how it feels. That sense of regret and time lost.

But at least we had some children and with that a sense of achievement in life. Think of all the dubs that gave up EVERYTHING right down to not continuing their family line and genetic heritage. Now that's something really terrible. Some would have been wonderful parents and given the world wonderful children!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit