my cat died today... i need consoling...

by theinfamousone 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

(((((((((((( infamousone ))))))))))) So sorry about your cat, but you did what you HAD to do and you did the right, the best, the most loving, and the good thing!

Many hugs and love across cyberspace!!!

Gill

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

(((Infamous)))

I am sorry to hear that.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

((((theinfamousone))))

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I had to put my cat down several month back..he was 14 yrs old.

A few days later I received this from my vet. I thought it was nice:

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they miss someone very special to them who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent, the eager body quivers. Suddenly she begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster. YOU have been spotted and when you and your special friend finally meet you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face, your hands again caress her beloved head and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you pass over Rainbow Bridge together....

lisa

• rebel8
    rebel8

((((((( )))))))))

R.I.P.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'm sorry for your loss.

• talley
    talley

Oh (((theinfamousone))) I am so sorry for your loss.

What a true, faithful, marvelous friend your cat was to you through all those years. What a special friend when you so needed a friend. How very many subtle life lessons he taught you about love and friendship.

There in no consolation really, for that will come later on when time brings the happier memories of your friend to your mind. Right now there is just raw grief and self imposed guilt and lonelyness and missing him. As his friend you did the most difficult and kindest thing for him that had to be done; you saved him from suffering and pain that would have been incurred in a battle that could not have been won. You were honored and privileged to have known him as your friend.

If It Should Be

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
    An pain should keep me from my sleep
    Then you must do what must be done
    For this, the last battle, cannot be won.

You will be sad, I understand
    Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
    For this day, more than the rest
    Your love and friendship stand the test.

We've had so many happy years
    What is to come can hold no fears
    Would not want me to suffer so
    When the time comes please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend
    Only, stay with me to the end
    And hold me firm and speak to me
    Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time you will see
    It is a kindness you do to me
    Although my tail its last has waved
    From pain and suffering I have been saved.

Don't grieve it should be you
    Who has to decide this thing to do
    We've been so close we two these years
    Don't let your heart hold any tears.

So I am glad, not that she's gone
    But that this earth she roamed and lived upon
    Was my earth, too, that I had closely known
    And loved her and that my love I'd shown.

Tears over her departure?
    Nay - a smile
    That I had walked with her a little while.

Author - unknown

• Frog
    Frog

so sorry bro about your pussy cat, mustve been a bloody tough time for you :( you did the kind and least cruel thing though is the lil fella was suffering, even if you couldn't explain it to him. i know how comforting clever kitties can be, i remember crying my eyes out when i was living at home completely distressed during my fading time, and the family cat would jump up on the bed and put his paw on my head, it was beautiful and so comforting.

i hope that you're able ot endure the loss as best as you can, while celebrating his lovely little life, and the gifts that he gave you. pets teach us so much about life, they're truley precious :) kisses frog x

• jgnat
    jgnat

Your kitty knew when you needed comfort, when no-one else did. You told your kitty her suffering was going to end soon, and let her quiet at the end.

Do you have a picture? She shouldn't be forgotten.

http://www.petmemorial.com/

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

((((((((((infamousone)))))))))) I'm so sorry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit