my cat died today... i need consoling...

by theinfamousone 60 Replies latest jw friends

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Oh, Honey, I'm so, so sorry.

He knows you were there for him, I think the last moment you had together was gorgeous. Make a little tiny shrine for him with a picture and his favorite things in a cigar box as a frame. It's comforting when you've lost a friend as great as he was/is.

Heartfelt hugs and strength to you
    Baba.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

You aren't the only pussy out there my friend. I'm glad you had this friend during some terrible terrible times and I hate that pets or anyone we love have to die. I really hate it, 'cus I'm a pussy too.

• unhappy
    unhappy

I'm really sorry to hear about your cat. I had a cat that lived on my street and it always used to come running when I called. At the time I was extremely depressed and suicidal and I found I got a lot of comfort and companionship during a very lonely, dark period in my life from the little sweety, so I can only imagine what you are going through. My heart goes out to you.

Unhappy

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. A pet gives unconditional love, something that many humans cannot seem to do. That being said, you were greatly loved by your kitty and in turn you loved back. Peace to your aching heart and soul. L_G

• anewme
    anewme

Infamousone, I have a friend who really believes that the spirit of a beloved pet returns to us in another animal form. And you must look for that spirit and be reunited with it again.

But I like the thought of being united with our pets in some after life too.

I just got two kittens this summer...rescued from a snake pit, literally, where the snake got three other kittens.
    Anyway, I am very impressed with these little sweethearts who husband says must become outdoor barn cats and catch mice for us. He is already falling for them and buying them quality cat food and cream and calling for them in a tender way. They love us and we love them. So far they are still sleeping in a basket in the house.

We have dogs, chickens, a rooster and now two cats.

The other day I walked down to the creek to pick evergreens and berries for the home and looked back to see the dogs, cats and chickens all following me. I will always treasure that happy sight.

These little animals in our lives are gifts from God.

Anewme

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sorry to hear the bad news. I liked reading about all the things he/she did for you. If you are really into the possibilties about the spiritual, then he/she might be around for a while, yet.

S

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Infamous,

Sorry about your grief. I had as many as 15 cats and 3 dogs at one time. Lost all 3 dogs in the same year. Our favorite cat, Ted, we couldn't save because the vet needed $800! Was really sad. Condolences to you.

CoCo

• Cellist
    Cellist

I sympathize with you. It's hard to lose the companions who've been through hell with us. Cats are amazing in their ability to sense when you need them. But, you did the kindest thing. It's far harder to do the right thing and end needless suffering. Being a wimp is not mourning over the loss of a friend, it's not doing what needs to be done because it's hard.

Cellist

• Namasti
    Namasti

I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine what it would feel like to lose my precious cat. I can't stand the thought of it. I am hoping that healing comes quick. Let me know.

Namasti

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

So sorry to hear about your cat....I still miss my cat after 3 years (he was with me for 18 yrs!) but I think about all the funny stuff for the most part. Recently a Norwegian Forest Cat has taken up residence in my storeroom outside. She is really beautiful and I feed and pet her but she seems very reluctant to come inside the house.

Try to focus on the good things and realize that you were as important to your cat as your cat was to you! I'm so glad that you were there at the very end...not everyone gets that chance.

Swalker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit