anyone feeling a wee bit guilty about celebrating Thanksgiving and Xmas??

by Star Moore 67 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nope

• joe_black
    joe_black

Nope, not the slightest. Thanksgivng to me is a chance to catch up with family(wifes side) eat some good home cooked food, watch a football game on TV and just basically enjoy the time off from work(5 days this year, wooo hooo!) Who could feel guilty about that?......BTW Happy Thanksgiving! to all my Thanksgiving celebratin, turkey lovin, beer drinkin, corn on da cob eatin, football lovin comrades out there!!!!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Why should I feel guilty?

• delilah
    delilah

NO GUILT. ENJOY!!

• freetosee
    freetosee
    anyone feeling a wee bit guilty about celebrating Thanksgiving and Xmas??

NO, not me! xdo_kaputt.gif

ftsweihnachten14.gif

• gumby
    gumby

StarMoore, you might as well celebrate it and not feel guilty cuz yer gonna die at armageddon anyways for thinkin Jehovah and Jesus said it's ok to play naughty even if you ain't married.....and fer thinkin Jesus is Jehovah Me thinks yer gonna fall in that big crack that the "paradise" book portrays when armageddon strikes.

*says like 5 hail mary's for star moore*

Saint Gumby

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Not even a little!! Gonna be great!!

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Not in the least!

Star,

You said it yourself that it does not matter what people in the past celebrated on that day, it what it means to us today. Holidays are about spending time with our families. The Apostle Paul made it clear that observing days was up to our individual conscience - that is the part of that text your friend showed you that he/she left out completely (typical, using only the verse that proves your arguement). The only restraint on Christian celebrating is that we have to do so "as to the Lord", therefore we should not use the day as a liscense for wrongdoings such as drunkeness, loose conduct, imoral behaviors, etc.

Romans 14:4-6

4 Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

5 One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God

Anyway, enjoy your day, eat lots of turkey! Lilly

• done4good
    done4good

None whatsoever! This is my first, and I am looking forward to it!

j

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

We don't really celebrate Thanksgiving here in the UK, but we will definitely be celebrating Xmas and New Year without the slightest tinge of guilt on my part. I've been out almost 7 years now, and those feelings disappeared some years ago. Linda has been out less time than me, but she is making plans for Xmas now, and doesn't seem to be feeling guilty about it at all. If she is she hasn't said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit