anyone feeling a wee bit guilty about celebrating Thanksgiving and Xmas??

by Star Moore 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Zapper_1
    Zapper_1

Of course, I was never a JW, but what's to feel guilty about?

• observador
    observador

Nope, not even one bit.

It's all about having fun and making friends.

• observador
    observador

... and Star Moore, forget about what the Bible says about that. If one uses the Bible to justify why one is doing something, it is likely that a diehard, know-it-all, all-just christian will use the same Bible, reading from a few pages after that one, to "prove" exactly the opposite of what you just concluded.

It's an exercise in futility, in my opinion.

Observador.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Dear Observer:

You are right, anything can be proved or disproved if you look at the bible from different angles.. I do still love the bible.. but reallize it has been changed somewhat throught the years and shouldn't become an idol, to us. We must use our power of reason, as well. I am realizing now..after 26 years as a witness, that things in the bible, I would have bet my life on, are a wrong interpretation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I appreciate your point..

• Namasti
    Namasti

I am sure there were people in the past who had great, wonderful, wholesome Thanksgivings, including the Indians, and oh yes, God forbid--that those "pagans" had good, clean unviolent celebration. Jw's will knock themselves out looking for the worst in anything. NO GUILT--NOT A BIT. Just the absolute wonder, fun, joy of it all.

Namasti

• Deleted
    Deleted

If Jesus can celebrate Hanukkah (festival of lights) then eating a turkey with your worldly family should be a fine thing to do.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Deleted: Jesus celebrating the festival of lights>>? Are you refering to something in the bible..or just the fact that he was a Jew and followed the traditions of the mosaic law??

• Magnus
    Magnus

I FELT MORE GUILTY ABOUT NOT CELEBRATING THE HOLIDAYS. MY SISTER, AND I LIVED FOR THE HOLIDAYS, THE HOLIDAYS ALWAYS BROUGHT OUR FAMILY TOGETHER, ALL OF OUR AUNTS, UNCLES, COUSINS, AND GRAND PARENTS WOULD GET TOGETHER. THEN ONE DAY MY MOTHER WAS BRAINWASHED BY THE WITNESSES. SHE DIDN'T ALLOW US TO CELEBRATE HOLIDAYS ANY MORE. WE WERE CRUSHED. BUT SINCE WE BAILED OUT OF THE TROOF WE CELEBRATE THE HOLIDAYS. NOW I DON'T FEEL GUILTY.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit