Who Will Be Celebrating Thanksgiving & XMas This Year???

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Funny thing about JWs----many celebrate Thanksgiving but say they're only eating turkey with all the fixings by coincidence. God made the food to be consumed everyday. Then you get Witnesses who celebrate Christmas the day before or after with all sorts of presents but they won't give it on the 25th because that day is pagan.

• juni
    juni

Yes.

Juni

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

Last night I bought a Christmas tree!!!!!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Me, my family, and my parents (xmas yep cuz they never turn down a xmas present)

• free2beme
    free2beme

I have been doing both, for about ten years now. Very enjoyable. Oh, and I am not a Christian and I still do Christmas. I do it because it fun, plus, as we all know it is more linked in Pagan then Christianity and since I am a Pagan now, I figure it is as much my holiday as it is a Christian. Plus, I really do not care what people think about what I do anyway.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

WooHHoooo! And I can't wait!!

Turkey2santaxmas

Welcome AmberRose!! Hope to get to know you!!

shelley

• minimus
    minimus

Naughty girl, Amber! Tell us more about yourself.

• juni
    juni

Welcome Amber Rose!

Juni

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

We don't do thanksgiving in the UK, but we will definitely be celebrating Christmas.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Thanksgiving - YES ..... Christmas - NO. Just can't get into it. Though I do love to look at everyone's beautiful light displays.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit