My letter to the "Glorious Ones."...

by Justice-One 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Emma
    Emma

"Nobody seen me do it" Not two witnesses; it never happened!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Justice-One..That is just hillarious..And a F**k you???..LOL!!..That is going to get under someones skin,they will think about this for months.Look at some of the responses you got here..Don`t forget to give them a tune up in a few months.Another letter will drive them mad..Well done...OUTLAW

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

The elders will become paranoid, looking at everyone suspiciously. . .

Brilliant.

ESTEE

• KW13
    KW13
    I have changed quite a bit over the last few years. I have a background in security, and I know the less said the better. And the nail that sticks up gets hammered down. That being said, I have tried to not make any glarring connections to my true self on this board, or in that letter. But the very fact that I have made hundreds of posts here, tells me that if anyone REALLY wanted to, they could probaby piece it together. The bottom line is that since I really don't give a flying fornication anymore whether they catch me or not, my "OpSec" has gotten rather slack. Besides it will be oh so much fun to see them try when all they get from me is "I didn't do it, nobody seen me do it, you can't prove a thing."

righto, glad to hear that

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    We are all free to do what we please, but considering the "big picture" before we do something is an act of maturity.

So now we should live our lives in accordance with the plan of those who are trying to "slip away" quietly? Wow there are a lot of control freaks associated with the Borg, and they are STILL trying to manipulate us even though we are out.

Why don't YOU consider the big picture; the man is an adult and you do not have influence over him any more!

I personally think that any form of anti-witnessing is the best gift you can give to a JW.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Been thinking about this letter J1. Imagine if 1000 (or a few thousand) ex-JWs hit their congregations/former congregations with an anonymous letter like this? Perhaps even referring to the fact that this is a national (international?) movement among dissatisfied/doubting JWs, just to let the congregations know the extent of discontent among the members. What a shock that would be!

All the letters would have to be different, and refer to things that showed a real knowledge of the congregation - obviously something that would be a lot easier for those who were recently or are still attending. But I think that on-line we have access to the KMs, assembly programs, elder and MS schools, most of the letters to the BOE, and the latest magazines and tracts. Lots of authentic source material.

What would make this so powerful is that the COs would hear about this immediately. They would be asking in every congregation if they had received a letter, so even those congregations that didn't get a letter would hear about what was going on - doubting members still in the congregations are making their presence known. The elders would be going, WTF??!! Imagine what this would stir up when elders from different congregations got together, and compared the letters they had received!

Of course, most of those elders couldn't help but tell their wives, especially if it was all supposed to be kept confidential! Next thing you know this is the topic of gossip for the next few weeks out in service and at coffee breaks. With all that gossip, 1000 letters would seem like 10,000, and 10,000 letters would seem like 100,000.

Imagine congregations filled with paranoid friends wondering, "Who are the apostates and malcontents among us? Why??"

What if those who had the ability wrote to, not just their congregation, but to half a dozen surrounding ones as well, with different letters, formats, fonts, etc? Imagine when that circuit got together?! If you know the name of an elder in another congregation, finding their address is pretty simple today with the Internet. A few hours of driving dropping the letters into local post offices to the congregation c/o the elder would be well worth the time.

Perhaps references to the recent district convention program, to the new tract work, to last year's elders/MS schools would lend further authenticity to the letters. There are dozens or reasons for writing, from the UN, education, the generation change, etc. etc. etc! Thinking about this during the tract work makes it especially powerful - that tract (and having to distribute it) probably pisses off a lot of JWs.

Hey, get a couple dozen of us working on this, and we could create a genuine movement! Shades of Alice's Restaurant Massacree!

I'm writing!

S4

• serendipity
    serendipity

Imagine congregations filled with paranoid friends wondering, "Who are the apostates and malcontents among us? Why??"

And then the witch hunts begin. Reminds me of Salem.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Imagine if 1000 (or a few thousand) ex-JWs hit their congregations/former congregations with an anonymous letter like this? Perhaps even referring to the fact that this is a national (international?) movement among dissatisfied/doubting JWs, just to let the congregations know the extent of discontent among the members. What a shock that would be!

S4, that's a good idea, the sort of thing my bf and I have kind of thought about since we read Justice 1's letter last night. It would be a real fun campaign, though I doubt the local boe's and co's would see the joke. Of course, we would be unlikely to see the result of it, but knowing the elders in my old kh, something like this would drive them crazy, especially if we put a little misinformation in it.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Hey, I've started my first letter! It's fun as hell. You can be a former elder, a pioneer sister, an old-timer, a disaffected youth, yourself totally.

I'll not post any of my letters on-line here, because I'm sure there will be a lot of JWs who lurk here who will join us in this, and I don't want all of these letters just dismissed as the rantings of ex-JW apostates. What a cool response this is to the "tract work!"

Actually, this could stir up more genuine concern in the local congregations than anything that's been done yet. It certainly won't have the impact of winning a couple of the pending court cases, but it would probably have a much greater affect on the average congregation, most of the members of which will never hear of the court cases or watch the pedophile Dateline program. It's one thing to read about problems in a couple of congregations far away. It's quite another to think that there are serious problems like this right here at home.

And they sure will like all the gossip!

Think about it - for the first time they will be hearing about active JWs who have the courage to speak up and give some shit to the local elders - anonymously or not. Imagine if that catches on??

I'll move this idea to its own thread if this one dies out.

S4

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Hey, get a couple dozen of us working on this, and we could create a genuine movement! Shades of Alice's Restaurant Massacree!

Roger that! I agree completely, and I have already started to get the addresses of former congregations I have went to. Next time it they go priority mail thru a remailing service. That way the return address can drive them nuts as it leads to a dead end!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit