My letter to the "Glorious Ones."...

by Justice-One 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Justice one; your letter is just fine. it's lets the glorious one's, know just how glorious the rank and file, think they are. You already mailed the letter , and i agree it's the best 39 cents you have spent in a long time. it made you happy . i would have sent it priority mail Forget what ever anyone else says here. you did the right thing. a few curse words and a stiff tongue lashing. many times are the only thing jw's understand. helps bring their heads out of the clouds.

Thank you! And thank all the others who understand what I was trying to do. (And who understand why I thought the F Bomb was an important part.) I'm glad that most feel this way. I gave a lot of thought to the wording of that letter, and then whether or not to actually drop it in the mail. I wanted this to be MY choice, not something that a "focus group" worked on. I REALLY value the input I get here, but I was a little afraid that someone would talk me out of it, or make me change something like the F Bomb. Now I can see this was unwarranted. The only thing I would have changed was sending it priority mail!

I was going to list each person that gave me a pat on the back, but since that is just about everyone, I just want to say thanks for the support again. It sure is nice to have friends that can relate to this matter.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

You will never know who I am. But I am at every meeting. (I even make sure to answer from time to time!) I have no desire to be cut off from all my friends and family (even if they are cultists.) And making my feelings known in public would have that effect. So I have to be content with living my double life

Thats sad. I understand what you mean. Peace to you

Don't forget I did add a little "disinformation" to throw them off my scent. I gave up most of the double life a long time ago. It was just to tempting to sneeze and yell bullshit at the meetings.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    I think it's really sad that some people equate not agreeing with the WT to not having any class or dignity. It gives those of us who just want to slip away quietly and mind our own business a bad name.

First off, I don't think dropping the F Bomb makes me not have any class or dignity. It is true the the Society tried to take my dignity, but I held on to it. And as for the second part of the above quote....

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I think the f-bomb ending is a non-issue. If the elders read the letter, they will probably be offended right away, so I don't even think they'd get to the end. Even if they do get to the end, they've been insulted throughout the whole letter, so what difference does one final insult make? Justice-One isn't trying to deceive anyone into reading the whole thing (say, under the guise of a enthusiastic newcomer), or persuade them to read the letter for some important message. If J1 were trying to persuade the elders to change their ways, and then insult them at the end, then the f-bomb would be the bad way to end the letter.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

I see you've been playing COD2 too, huh?

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

LOL. Wow, that's going to send them scurrying about.

I had a couple ideas for anyone who may be thinking about doing something similar in their own congregation. I think the effect would be enhanced if you mention names or recent events in the congregation, information that would not be readily available to someone just doing a mass-mailing campaign. Also, it's important to make sure the postmark doesn't incriminate you. Send it from the post office nearest the KH. This will also prevent them from dismissing it as a drive-by from someone out of city or state.

The JW religion is a mind game, so any cognitive dissonance you can throw into the mix is good. Nice work!

SNG

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Please, for your sake make sure your not traceable from lurkers.

I have changed quite a bit over the last few years. I have a background in security, and I know the less said the better. And the nail that sticks up gets hammered down. That being said, I have tried to not make any glarring connections to my true self on this board, or in that letter. But the very fact that I have made hundreds of posts here, tells me that if anyone REALLY wanted to, they could probaby piece it together. The bottom line is that since I really don't give a flying fornication anymore whether they catch me or not, my "OpSec" has gotten rather slack. Besides it will be oh so much fun to see them try when all they get from me is "I didn't do it, nobody seen me do it, you can't prove a thing."

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    I see you've been playing COD2 too, huh?

Nope, sorry to say I don't know what it is...though I might have to look into it, as it sounds interesting. Actually I pulled those to quotes out of my "quote file" on evil.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Oh Call Of Duty! ...I played the original on PC, but not the new one yet.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    I think the effect would be enhanced if you mention names or recent events in the congregation,

I agree, thats why I thru in that comment about one of the last Sunday talks, and the ' 75 comment. And if I could have remember any of the "gas pumpers names," I would have used them.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Oh Call Of Duty! ...I played the original on PC, but not the new one yet.

Yeah, COD2 is a bit more noob friendly, so I started with that one. Every time you die, you get one of those quotes, in fact, both of those quotes are in the game. It makes you think about why you didn't shoot the Nazis well enough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit