My letter to the "Glorious Ones."...

by Justice-One 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    I'll move this idea to its own thread if this one dies out.

I was just thinking. Even if they get wise to this...they will never be sure which letters are on the up and up, and which ones are not. It will STILL drive them nuts!

Dang, I now have a new hobby.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

OK. I've finished three letters to three area congregations in the last hour or so. I'm going to do at least three more.

I've dealt with typical complaints that a lot of JWs have about their local congregation and the local elders. I'm sending these to elders in the congregations that I both loved and struggled with - and I'm dealing with that on a personal level, while at the same time making it clear that I'm concerned with issues that are universal among JWs - and there are dozens that fit that description. I have to say once again, that I think this is one of the best and most interesting ideas I've ever heard of from former JWs.

I am going to keep pushing this idea. I really think this could make quite an impact. One of the main myths the JWs believe is that only bitter apostates have anything negative to say about the Witnesses.

Hey, there are lots of you active JWs out there visiting this site. We are willing to run interference for you, but join us in this. here's is your chance to safely have your say to your local congregation. Do it!!

Thanks.

S4

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Every once in a while you come up apon a stroke of Genius!!..I believe this,is one of those times!...OUTLAW

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I'll do what I can without getting busted. What's the plan, seeker4?

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

The plan is simple:

1. Write an anonymous letter to your congregation (or several congregations).

2. State that you're part of a national movement among troubled JWs who are informing their congregations of their issues, but doing it anonymously due to fear of being disfellowshiped and shunned.

3. In the letter, state specifically what you're concerned about: the 1914 generation, treatment by the elders, 607, blood issue, anti-education stance, UN/NGO issue, etc. There are hundreds of things.

4. Let them know that you're still there in the congregation, quietly serving, but not believing anymore.

5. Send the letter to one of the elders, as the congregation usually doesn't have a mailing address. You should be able to find addresses online.

6. Mail it in the local area of the congregation so that it doesn't seem like a mass mailing of a couple of people that can be easily dismissed.

7. Pick another congregation and repeat, if you so wish, or send another letter to the first congregation as though from someone else. Use different issues, different paper, a different font perhaps and a different writing style.

8. Try to find out what happens as a result when the congregations start comparing letters.

This is perfect for you lurkers and active JWs. I'm sure some of you will join in, as it's a way of getting your concerns out there without any danger to yourself. Imagine if a few thousand of these letters were written?

S4.

• bubble
    bubble

This is such a good idea, I almost wish I was still attending meetings so that I could write a letter too.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    5. Send the letter to one of the elders, as the congregation usually doesn't have a mailing address. You should be able to find addresses online.

You can do a Google search for "INSERT CITY HERE Congregation of Jehovah's Witnessess." It will give the addresses of all the local Halls.

I wonder if I can get college credit for this?

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

They should be getting my first letter today. (I mailed it last Thursday.) I just wish I could be a bug on the wall when they open it.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

I think the next time I'm going to be an older "loyal" sister, who has questions and concerns she is afraid to ask in person. Of course I will leave the "F#@K you" off of this one.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Seeker4:

Consider inserting the advisement that you are forced to continue attending by the JW family shunning law. I know for a fact that the only reason they are not in negative growth numbers is because they threaten inactive Pubs with disfellowshping and shunning.

The leaders are so brainwashed that they actually consider this to be a "loving" action. They can't understand that someone might have a negative view of being shunned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit