Vegetables on Front Porch Cause Uproar of Scandal and Intrigue for Local KH

by Check_Your_Premises 54 Replies latest jw friends

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

There are cases where a girl became pregnant as a result of one sex interview with a boy. What a price for a girl, a virgin, to pay for a few minutes of satisfied sex emotions!

I dont mean to stray..but what the hells a sex interview???

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    CYP: Dude! This is brilliant satire. You missed your calling.

Nah, I just used to read the Onion alot.

CYP

• TopHat
    TopHat

Carved pumpkins with a candle inside, are a great idea, with or without Holloween! I am having a pumpkin carving contest with all of the cousins. I like this one I found on the net..and will try to duplicate it.

http://www.tagyerit.com/images/pumpkins/face2.jpg

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Even though it's tongue-in-cheek it describes JW thinking and acting to a tee. It's amazing how JWs can get all worked up with something as innocent as a pumpkin or wind chimes as happened at my parents home.

Yeah...it's funny how I often thought of decorating the front porch with Indian corn and stalks, and maybe gourds or small pumpkins, but I knew the implications that would be held by JW neighbors, and so declined to put these out there.

NOTHING WRONG with gourds, fall leaves and autumn flower arrangements on the porch OR the door, but we all know how it only takes ONE JW to sneer at this and be dutfully offended by the things in nature.

I had also hung wind chimes on the front porch, the small and tinkly kind, and didn't a "sister" who lived down the road----stop by and inform me that these were primarily for warding off evil demons (would this be a bad thing even though I didn't believe in this?) and I looked it up in a WTS publication and it was up to my own conscience if I bought one or not!

Apparently it bothered HER conscience, so I moved it to the BACK porch where her conscience wouldn't be offended.

I am SO HAPPY to be out of that stupid mindset and WTS foolishness!!!!

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    Sister Thinkshesanelder shook her head sadly, "I just think I have to consider Sister Duffy a bad association now.

Cal, I added this part for you in honor of Sister E.

CYP

• skyking
  • jgnat
    jgnat

C_Y_P, brilliant! And this from someone who has never been a JW. You've done your homework, man.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

That was wonderful !!! I actually thought you might be writing about the local Jw members here . Last year a few of the rebelious youth folk here carved naughty phallic symbols into pumpkins and shared them with several congregation members .HAhahaah A couple of years ago I was summoned to the back room for discipline for making a scarecrow for the store I work for . some busybody out in service saw me putting it up on the lamp post . This year I made a very scary Pirate w/ ship and proudly displayed it for the store . I think I may have won the best of show this Year . And this year my front porch is fall decorated very lovely thank you. Can't wait for xmas time .

• dobbie
    dobbie

Actually i DID come home two nights ago and found two pumpkins on my doorstep!For a moment i'm ashamed to say my mind did switch back to jw mode and i instantly thought someone had put them there as a joke(which i thought was v funny actually!), but there was a note in the door , saying they were from our nice neighbours two doors down for our children LOL!Trouble is i have'nt a clue what i do with them!The next day my sis in law dropped her little boy off and i could'nt stop laughing when she'd gone cos i'd forgotten they were in the hall - more gossip now!Do they go off quickly and how do i carve a face into them i suppose i cut their tops off?That story was very funny could imagine it being true..

• ronin1
    ronin1

This was great.

Thanks for the laugh while I am home from work sick with a sinus infection.

Ronin1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit