Vegetables on Front Porch Cause Uproar of Scandal and Intrigue for Local KH

by Check_Your_Premises 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    Sisters Valiumhag and Xanax nodded their heads in somber agreement.

AA,

Actually this was my favorite line... I think the dastardly, decorative foodstuffs was second.

CYP

• dobbie
    dobbie

Thanks Aude - i will try carving them out - think i am going to make a dreadful mess though!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    I remember hearing that someone decorated the KH in Christmas decorations, also really funny....

heeheehee, that was me!! We decorated with lights, a couple strands plugged into their outside outlet, and a couple battery-operated strands. Then put lots, and I mean LOTS of that silver tinsel on the shrubs and 2 cedar trees!! heeeheeeheee!!!!

• calico
    calico
    Sister Thinkshesanelder shook her head sadly, "I just think I have to consider Sister Duffy a bad association now.

Cal, I added this part for you in honor of Sister E.

CYP--It was so nice of you to think of me! How unusual, considering that you are an "unbelieving worldling" and you worship pumpkins!

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

i know of a sister who got in trouble for doing this. she put a pumpkin(not a jack-o-lantern), a bale of hay, some multi-colored corn, cornstalks, etc. in her front yard, and an elders wife (who is a gilead grad. and normally intelligent) made a fuss out of it. this was one of many ridiculous things that led to her df'ing. the whole story would make you vomit. can't say more, cause it was my real sister.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Someone had it soooo right. Those damn things will sit on the front porch until they catch the PO coming off his shift washing dishes at the local cafeteria.

Even he might have to check with the mother ship before taking action.

If it looks like garbage someone will pick it up. but if they are not sure no-one will take any action whatsoever.

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

A sister in Portland put straw bales, gourds etc on her front porch and the brothers called telling her they should come down (since then she has exited). About 10 years ago, our daughters made a wreath of pinecones and flowers on to place above our fireplace (in the spring, not even around xmas) and an elder made a comment about it. I kept it hanging. One just has to enjoy the colors of fall and everyone thinks you're "pagan". Conformity, no matter what. Everyone think alike.

• mama1119
    mama1119

I wonder what they would think about my bat lights, huge light up spiders, and pumpkins adorning my front door.

• stillin4now
    stillin4now

"Pumpageddon" ha ha ha

• JK666
    JK666

Butters - Viva La Resistance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit