Vegetables on Front Porch Cause Uproar of Scandal and Intrigue for Local KH

by Check_Your_Premises 54 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

If you ever wanted to show someone how the JW mindset really is..........let them read this.

purps

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    dobbie wrote: how do i carve a face into them

Wow! I remember back to when I was 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. My dad would carve pumpkins with us and then my mom would toast the seeds.

I cannot tell you exactly how to carve them. But I know it usually starts with cutting the tops off in a way that you can replace it after you hollow it out. You have cut into it at an angle to the outside cut is larger openning than the inside oppening so that it doesn't fall inside. (Make sense?)

We would draw crazy faces on the outside and dad would come home and carve it out.

I bet if you googled: Carve Pumpkin you'd get lots and lots of tips.

Enjoy!

-Aude.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>> the dastardly, decorative foodstuffs

Genius! Dude, absolutely beautiful work.

wonder if this experience will make the Yearbook? ;-)

Seriously, I knew a sister that put pumpkins on her porch around October as a "fall decoration". Her almost-but-not-quite-elder husband just about went nuts when he saw it! Thankfully, the "dastardly" items were removed!

Dave

• bebu
    bebu

CYP, I hope that wasn't art imitating life (your own life as a UBI).

Ya know, you ought to put CANS of pumpkin on the front door area... cans of corn and squash, too. Let's see what kind of reaction those will bring--or will canning somehow turn demonized vegetables into something kosher?

bebu

BTW, I'll bet a lot of kids would agree that veggies are dastardly... (I like 'em, though)

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Awesome story. Leaving a pumpkin on a KH porch would be pretty funny. I remember hearing that someone decorated the KH in Christmas decorations, also really funny....

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

LOL!!! Except for the names this could be an "actual" situation!!! It always amazed me how demonized pumpkins were!!! How did they think we ever got pumpkin pie?????? Never could figure that one out....

Swalker

• becca1
    becca1

Very funny, and sad because it's almost true. By the way I have an autumnal vegetable arrangement on my dinner table right now. Do you think the demons will poison our meals?

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

This was a hilarious peak at the [sad] mind set of Jehovah's Witnesses !

Thanks for the laugh !

• Butters
    Butters

There is one more major prank that I haven't heard too much of... How about mounting a giant cross on your old Kingdom hall? Boy that would really piss them off I bet. Could you imagine getting caught? "Yes your honor I was trying to make the place into a Christian Church"...

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    CYP, I hope that wasn't art imitating life (your own life as a UBI).

Well I don't deny having some recent inspiration.

Sister Thinkshesanelder is named after a real person that I and others on this board know very well.

CYP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit