Words and expressions a JW can't say

by JH 56 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar
    I wasn't allowed to say "Geeze".

I could say "crap" or "shoot" or "dangit!", regarding "cuss" words. But just about nothing else of that sort.

Silly bureaucracy... Can't say good luck, but don't have a problem singing, listening to, or playing music, even though the word music comes from the Greek Muses, nine goddesses, water nymphs... so inconsistent...

• freetosee
    freetosee

Yahweh - in every day speach or at the kh.

• minimus
    minimus

sh*t, goddamned, freaking, asswipe......But interestingly, "bastard" is ok. Rutherford used to call false religious leaders "bastards" all the time.

• solo
    solo

fancy a blow job?

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Oh, here is another that was always made a big deal of in our hall. "FART" - That isn't a word a christian would want to use.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

"Take another towel" to someone in the restroom at assemblies.

Rub a Dub

• kid-A
    kid-A

"holy crap"

"good lord"

"lordy"

"krikies"

"lucky"

• Moomin
    Moomin

A kid in my book group would sometimes say 'Jesus Christ' when he was annoyed. I think he got it from his unbelieving dad. Hes mum was deaf in one ear so she never heard him. The man sitting on his other side was old and deaf. And the book study conductor was also partially deaf.

I replaced 'oh buggar' with 'oh my goodness' when i was a dub. My study conductor would say it so I thought it was acceptable. Until one day when I heard her telling someone that it wasn't a very nice thing to say.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Hangin' in there

Dismembered

• Moomin
    Moomin

whats wrong with 'hangin in there' ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit