Words and expressions a JW can't say

by JH 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

It's been years, but some idiot giving a talk said something about using that term as not "christian". I can't remember the details but I do remember that term being forbidden.

Dismembered

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

"Congratulations on passing your exams - well done! Have you chosen your university yet?"

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

I'm going to a concert Tuesday night.

I can't go in service Saturday morning; I have to work.

I didn't have time to study my WT lesson.

I'm going on vacation during the CO visit.

• juni
    juni

One that really bugged the hell out of me was this:

You should not use the worldly saying, "Take it easy." "As Christians we do not want to adopt the lackidaysical attitude of the world."

Juni

• avengers
    avengers

Jumpin' Jehoshophat.

I thiiink.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year.

Warlock

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

• (Oh) My God!
    • Good God!
    • I don't agree with (the Society/the elders/the man in the group, if you're a sister) about that.
    • I was having a normal {gasp!} visit with my folks the other day. We were singing Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" to my baby nephew while it played in the background. I noticed my sister and Dad suddenly went quiet, and I was the only one singing the line "Ha, ha, ha - bless your soul!" - You can't even say "bless you" if it's in the lyrics!
  • joe_black
    joe_black

I've known many JW's the use the word "fortunate" in place of the word "lucky"....very ironic because both mean the very same thing......And by the way the this thread should be re-named "Words and expressions a JW can't say around other JW's"... because I've heard witlesses say just about everyone of the words and expressions brought up on this thread when other so called "strong" JW's arent around...........well maybe not "merry christmas" thats even a hard one for for former JW's to spit out, lol.

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

I'm buying a corvette!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

It's been years, but some idiot giving a talk said something about using that term as not "christian". I can't remember the details but I do remember that term being forbidden.

Dismembered

The last CO had issues with that phrase. Apparently we shouldn't be "hanging in there," we should be "all in there!" or something to that effect. So apparently if you're hanging in there, you're not doing enough to secure yourself. If you're happy and content, you must be doing wrong because you're not being persecuted enough....man, no wonder dubs become schizos!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit