WHY IS THE WTBTS OBSESSED WITH MASTURBATION????!!!!!

by Gill 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

The religion tries to make you feel guilty and thus control you over everything! Even the things that no one would ever know about (Secret sins) are regularly rehashed to keep one in line.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

First, I think it is sick that a group of men question young people, and especially females, about this subject. Don't they always advise young girls with "certain problems" to go to their mother or a "mature sister"? My bet is most "mature sisters" do it also, especially if their husbands have died or are impotent.

Secondly, I wish all of you would use a larger font. I'm having trouble reading all of these comments.

• Anitar
    Anitar

Hi Mike, good to see you again!

I just wanted to point out this quote from Gill:

At the same time, self-masturbation is not a form of gross sexual immorality, such as fornication. Hence, if you have a problem with masturbation, you need not conclude that you have committed the unforgivable sin. The key is to resisit the urge and never to give up on your fight!

So tell me exactly what is the "unforgiveable sin?" In the bible, God forgave people for adultery, murder, lying, stealing and worshiping false idols, but he won't forgive you for masterbation? How screwd up is that? Notice how their pattern of speech eliminates God from the equation.The sentence implies that only the watchtower, not God can forgive your "sins" And notice how the article never advises you to go to anybody else except a witness. If it is so wrong, than why not go see a psychologist? Because they know how absurd they will sound if they do! Does anybody else notice this?

Also, please check out this link and observe the following quote: http://www.freedomofmind.com/resourcecenter/articles/BITE.htm

This is exactly what this article is!

4. Spying on other members is encouraged

a. Pairing up with "buddy" system to monitor and control
    b. Reporting deviant thoughts, feelings, and actions to leadership

5. Extensive use of cult generated information and propaganda

a. Newsletters, magazines, journals, audio tapes, videotapes, etc.
    b. Misquotations, statements taken out of context from non-cult sources

6. Unethical use of confession

a. Information about "sins" used to abolish identity boundaries
    b. Past "sins" used to manipulate and control; no forgiveness or absolution

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Hmm I wonder if that is the article the girl in my sexuality class had. (See my recent topics on witnesses and magazines in surprising places). I also wonder how an elder is going to enjoy counselling a youth not to spank the monkey when he's probably off to get himself off right after the meeting as well.

They are obsessed because it is control. Also they are hoping that in order to deal with your problem you are going to immerse yourself in watchtowerdom even more so than you were before. Plus they don't want witnesses starting to look to outside sources for health or moral information and disagreeing with them on this subject keeps in check that desire to follow secular sources.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Friends,

A comment was made earlier about the struggle of the religious ascetic to rise above the needs of the flesh. In the book FREEDOM AT MIDNIGHT ( I've forgotten the author ), which describes India's release from British domination in 1948 as well as the formation of the Pakistani nation, reference is made to Mohandas Ghandi's struggle with the fallen flesh. On one occasion he was enjoying himself with his wife and soon thereafter learned that his father had died at that very time. Filled with remorse, he vowed never again to have sexual relations. At some time subsequent to that event, and to prove to himself that he could conquer the flesh, he took to sleeping with his two nieces in celibate fashion. His body, however, was uncooperative. He had an erection at least on one occasion, and that sent him spiraling downward into despair. So it goes, then, for the fight of the spirit over the flesh.

Yours truly,

Compound Complex

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Hi Anitar: How in God's name could ANY SANE person believe that masturbation could EVER be even CLOSE to any "unforgivable sin" or "sin against the Holy Spirit". How many Bible characters committed adultery and were forgiven, even being on Rutherford's list to be resurrected in 1925 and to move into a mansion because they were such great people? What warped thinking could punish people for behavior that affects no one else but themselves?

I have news for you, WT fiction writers. I have a degree in Psychology. Masturbation does NOT set people up for abnormal sex lives when they are adults. And adults masturbate as well. I once read an article in either the WT or Awake (should be "Wise Up") that a MARRIED MAN could not masturbate, even if he were thinking of his wife at the time. What if she was paralyzed? Or in a coma? He can't divorce her. He can't remarry. What is he supposed to do? OH, I know, PRAY more. That magic word fixes everything, doesn't it?

I've been watching the tapes on child abuse that I got from SL. The attitudes of the elders, especially that fat elder in Australia whose nose looks like a large potato, is disgusting. If the WT spent half the time on cleaning out the nest of filthy child abusers in their midst that they spend on teenagers who masturbate, THEN they might be doing something worthwhile.

In conclusion, seeing that the Bible contains absolutely NO verses against masturbation, I suggest that you, the WT, spend your time learning the Bible and applying it. Not YOUR Bible, I mean the REAL Bible. One that you didn't rewrite in order to fit your needs. And stop trying to play psychologists. You aren't qualified and you have NO education to do so. For a religion whose elders usually have little or no college education, you appear like fools when you attempt to analyze intellectual topics. Just keep to washing windows and getting that rafter out of your OWN eyes.

End of line. (I'm a computer guy.)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ve been avoiding this thread..The set up is just too easy..I can`t help myself.....WBT$ is obsessed with masturbation because:"The WBT$ is run by a bunch of Jerk-Off`s".....Now I can sleep tonight..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Anitar
    Anitar

Compound Complex: Welcome to the board and thank you for your comments! I think as people, there are certain needs we have to fulfill on a primal level. Not to say that we should be slaves to our desires, but just to accept what we desire as natural and not try to change it, as long as there's nothing wrong with it, such as the man you mentioned with his nieces.

My mom mentioned this once or twice, that this is a form of "self abuse." I only asked her one question, since I refused to discuss the subject with her. I asked "what if you have a dream about a romantic encounter with a person that you're attracted to?"

She said "only if I was married to him." I said "that's absurd, you can't control your dreams. Who you're attracted to is not always the person you're married to."

She said, "then stop dreaming."

Did I get this right? Not only does the watchtower want to control the sex lives of their members, they literally want to control their dreams!!

Mike: I think all of this is about control. This is the one thing the watchtower can't spy on you for (unless some elder is especially perverted to peek in your bedroom window). Masterbation is not really the issue here. This issue represents a larger problem to the WTS. Their afraid if the rank and file can regulate their own sex lives like normal people, whether masterbating or not, then they will start to become independent and rebelious in other, more important matters. It probably sounds absurd, but a revolution has got to start somewhere. What do you think?

Anitar

• silversurfer1
    silversurfer1

They are so obsessed with suppressing what is a natural thing that kids do when they are growing up. I'd be really interested where they get the idea that it's an unclean practice, and seeing some scriptural proof.

I remember a Circuit Overseer saying the reason the practice was unclean was because after you finish you go and wash yourself off. Wow! Well, personally, after having sex with my wife we would usually wash. So I guess marital sex was unclean too based on that logic.

• silversurfer1
    silversurfer1

Statistically 95% of males masturbate....5% are liars!!

Using WTS logic, wouldn't that mean that 95% of all males will eventually be homosexual? I believe the 1974/5 version of the youth book stated that about 45% of girls masterbate. I guess that percentage girls or something close to it would also end up being lesbian.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit