WHY IS THE WTBTS OBSESSED WITH MASTURBATION????!!!!!

by Gill 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quandary
    Quandary

So true XJWMS!! Total control is the name of the game! Cultish tactics.

Q

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I think I understand why.

They just love the idea that people are frustrated and tortured. So, they cannot stand the idea that somebody (male or female) is gratifying themselves in this way. Meanwhile, they are probably doing it themselves.

I guess they feel somebody who is pleasuring themselves is cheating somehow because they are not married. Nevermind, that somebody can be in a sexless marriage!

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux

It seems lots of Christians have a hang-up about it. I just had a look at the Drew Marshall Radio Show website, and by coincidence in the talkback section of the most recent show (September 16) he did a section about masturbation, with the following "dilemma": Real life scenario. A Doctor needs a sperm sample for medical reasons from a teenage boy. Should the boy masturbate or not? As a parent, what's your call? Most of the callers said no!

http://www.drewmarshall.ca/listen2006.html

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

So stupid, the more you DON'T do something, the more you think about it. So instead of taking care of the 'urge' you focus on it all day/life long and become psycho about sex. THAT's a good alternative to masterbating a couple times a week and going on to do other things with your life. . .Masterbation is more likely to get your mind OFF of sex than to keep you focused on it.

Shelly

• Genesis
    Genesis

D@mmit B@$t@rds ! It was the thing that guilted me so much in the borg, Ive never been able to get rid of it(thanx god). I tried to pray, study, note when I did it (I stopped it quick my note sheet was full a short time after)but nothing worked. The more I focused on stoping it the more I was doing it. One time I succeeded to not do it for 2 weeks but after that I did it each day, talk about imbalance. Its kind of ironic that when I left the borg I began to masturbate 3 times less than before, maybe it was because that it was no longer forbiden...

• Schism
    Schism

Does anyone know why the focus was placed so hard on boys? Don't they know that girls do it too?

They should be ashamed of themselves for talking so much about it, whether it be about boys or girls. As a young girl, I remember getting caught (because I didn't think there was anything to hide), and being WHIPPED for touching a part of my own body! Same scenario happened several times before I was about 10, then they started hounding me with the YPA chapter on it. Every time I was alone, they would suspect immediately that this was what I was doing, and would ask me! I couldn't understand why it was so bad, but I figured it would get me killed at Armageddon, so I felt horrible about it. But I couldn't stop myself anyway and I would just do it and then feel guilty and cry about it afterward. It was such an obsession that I did it SEVERAL times a day!

Eventually, I quit caring altogether and the rest is history. Thanks to the obsession they caused me, I became a promiscious teen and narrowly escaped a VD. My parents made an ENORMOUS deal out of it, and would often talk down to me and mention it, especially my mom who did the laundry and who would inspect each of my underwear for "clues". I still don't know what one earth she was looking for. But she would actually call me into the laundry room to ask if I'd been doing it and fussing me over nothing at all. That's hard for a 11 year old to take, especially when the body is changing so rapidly in pre-teen girls.

What's more, is that they went through my belongings while I was at work, and 18 years old. They were basically looking for anything a girl could use on herself, and threw it away. As a married woman today, I would NOT be surprised to find out that they've taken their key and come into my house for a looksee. That's why myself and my poor ADULT husband have to hide anything "questionable". I wish I had the guts to DA myself

Sorry if my post made anyone uncomfortable. It's only testimony to the fact that the same stories we've had shoved down our throats are real stories. My scenario is almost identical to many JW kids'. If the ones mentioned in the publications were actually real (which I believe they were), I feel sorry for them and feel bad that not only were they lied to, but they've foolishly allowed themselves to be exploited to prove a point.

• Gill
    Gill

Schism - Your story, and that of many others prove that to the Watchtower this whole subject is an Obsession! They are basically picking on youngsters and giving elders permission to pry into the sex lives of young and even very young people.

It is obscene that they consider it a subject appropriate to discuss with very, very young children around and they should be thoroughtly ashamed and brought to book for their obscene obsession. Is it right to take your young children to a place where such intimate subjects are discussed and then made to appear 'dirty.'

I've said it before and say it again 'There's something seriously wrong in Watchtower land!'

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Maybe if they were allowed to masterbate, the Jdubs wouldn't be so nutty. I believe that the BS society causes more sexual dysfunction and repression because they are soooooo obsessed with any subject related to sex.

• lowden
    lowden

I knew a lad that stitched his foreskin together with a needle and thread because he was made to feel so bad about his 'habit'.

Admittedly, he may have been 'a few sandwiches short of a picnic' in the first place to do something like that but it just illustrates what a huge impact this org' has on young minds.

Phew!

Peace

Lowden

• Beardo
    Beardo
    I knew a lad that stitched his foreskin together with a needle and thread because he was made to feel so bad about his 'habit'.

Man, his wee-wee must have sprayed out at funny angles. That is seriously twisted.

I know a selection of brothers who would plague the elders when they caved in and pleasured themsleves. The elders must have got sick of the confessions after a while.

It was a running joke when a brother is seen sprinting or cycling through the local park, that they must be burning off some excess sexual energy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit