WHY IS THE WTBTS OBSESSED WITH MASTURBATION????!!!!!

by Gill 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Yep, I had the talk out of the young people ask book. It must have been a good one, they made me an ms not long afterwards! Regarding wet dreams, the society have this to say,

The increasing need for emptying the bladder causes the person to move gradually out of sleep where the conscious mind is at rest toward active mental consciousness, that is waking. During this gradual shift from sleep toward waking the mind is in a kind of 'twilight zone' in which the subconscious mind is operating. Ideas and thoughts are mixed, confused, and may move swiftly from one idea, experience, or act to another. These fumbled, topsy-turvy, indiscriminate ideas may involve sexual thoughts or activities that would not be tolerated if the conscious mind were directing thought."-Sexual Understanding Before Marriage, pp. 160, 161.

There is no need, then, for the individual to feel guilty because of such emissions or the dreams contributing to them-unless he knows that he had been letting his thoughts dwell immorally or in an unhealthy way on sexual matters.

Can you picture the scenario? Kid goes to the elders, and tells them he's had a wet dream. Elder asks "what were you thinking about just before you went to sleep?" kid replies "well, I was thinking about sister xxxx" Elder says "Ah, you were having unclean thoughts. You have committed a gross sin by having this wet dream. You must readjust your thinking at bedtime, or we will have to punish you." kid is baffled by this, and asks "how can I overcome this problem?" Elder says "you must put all thoughts of sister xxxx out of your mind at bedtime. Think about spiritual things, and if you still have a wet dream, it's not a sin"

Where do these lunatics get this from?

• Gill
    Gill

Tenebeux - That's interesting as 'nocturnal emissions' are accompanied usually by erotic or sexual dreams, which could also be called 'erotic or sexual thoughts' - the both going together. Are they saying that this is only all right if you're unconscious but not if you are conscious?

• Gill
    Gill

Alos, women have similar 'dreams' and thoughts without the emission. Therefore, they don't just serve a biological 'emptying' function.

• aniron
    aniron

is appreciating the fact that autoeroticism or masturbation is no mere innocent pastime but rather a practice that can lead to homosexual acts. How so? In that self-induced masturbation may make it easier and more tempting for one to engage in mutual masturbation, which is a form of homosexuality

Why should it lead to homosexual acts? Why just homosexual acts? Surely there would be more chance of a person wanting to try a hetreosexual act.

Can't "mutual masturbation" also take place between a male and female?

Could never understand the reasoning behind such a view.

Also these articles always seemed to be aimed at males, doesn't the WT think females masturbate.

• lowden
    lowden

Whilst we were still in the org' my son, 14 at the time, went to the P.O. to discuss this subject. He was obviously tossing himself stupid at the time, as most adolescents do and wanted some guidance because of the hardline that the WTS take (probably too embarrassed to come to me directly). The P.O. responded by saying that he personally had 'never had a problem with masturbation'..........Well that was helpful, ya lying bastard!!

It is quite simply impossible for an adolescent to stop taking part in this mind-blowingly pleasurable act. Hormones exploding, sexual awakenings, girls suddenly become magnetic, etc etc. It's a natural process.

To stifle the 'natural' is to damage the individual.

Of course, we should all calm down a bit as we get older but it's still natural. Although it could become an obsession, as anything can if it's done to the extreme.

Lay off the kids Brooklyn!!!!!!! You simply alienate and damage the otherwise happy and undamaged.

Peace

Lowden

• Gill
    Gill

Dedpoet! These lunatics are apparantly 'inspired by God'. I think God's got more sense than to be obsessed with somehting the Watchtower equates to emptying your bladder.

• Gill
    Gill

Lowden - I agree with you completely. I'd rather my kids viewed this as a totally natural act and had no hang ups about it. Sexual attraction, and bodily responses to it are TOTALLY natural. It's the repression of understanding of this that causes so much guilt and emotional damage.

I would also consider, that the PO your son spoke to was a total liar! Or else, there was something 'wrong' with him.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Here's some fine (un)scriptural advice from the fds on how to avoid the "sin" of masturbatiion

The Watchtower believes that Masturbation leads to Homosexuality, and to avoid it they suggest "at nightime arrange to share a bedroom with other members of the family. Sleep on the side, not on the back or stomach"

And do you know that if your child becomes a masturbator, it could be your fault?

Did you know, for example, that mothers and fathers who stroke the genitals of their fretful babies to keep them quiet are unwittingly encouraging them to become masturbators later on?

Talk about making mountains out of molehills!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Well that was helpful, ya lying bastard!!

Statistically 95% of males masturbate....5% are liars!!

DB74

• Gill
    Gill

DB -

If truth be known, I think you'd find it's 100% of both sexes!

It's a subject that you just can't trust folk to tell the truth on because of the guilt and repression so many feel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit