WHY IS THE WTBTS OBSESSED WITH MASTURBATION????!!!!!

by Gill 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

I don't get it at all. In some societies this subject is not for mixed company, not for small children and not to be coming from the pulpit (so to speak). Maybe their obsession comes from their own difficulties with the subject.

• Beardo
    Beardo

Ascetics down through ages have been obsessed with conquering the carnal instincts of man and see a clear divide between flesh & spirit. Flesh involving the so-called 'lower' instincts of man and spirit being the higher aspirations. A battle between these two opposing forces takes place daily within us, according to this philosophy.

To a degree, upon self-examination, I can see how this idea arose and there appears to be an element of truth there.

No doubt, masturbation when practised ritualistically or obsessively may lead to an imbalance within the mind and emotions, but occasional practise, I'm sure, does no lasting harm.

The key as always, appears to be balance.

• sspo
    sspo

masturbation is no mere innocent pastime but rather a practice that can lead to homosexual acts

They say 99% of teenagers masturbate, we would have many more gay people running around but that's not the case.

Last friday on 20/20 program they mentioned that a boy's brain thinks about sex every 52 seconds and that's why it happens.

If we were created by God that means it's a normal process that allows the human race to think about sex constantly and eventually reproduce.

In trying to put a teenager on a guilt trip making him feel filthy all the time might lead to emotional problems.

• blondie
    blondie

1) Who wrote or influences the topics in the publications? Old men born before 1935 for the most part. Then there is the cut and paste syndrome which continues the old-fashioned concepts.

2) Where do the writers live? In an environment that for years where the larger portion of the people were single, young men in an environment (Bethel) where they were forbidden to marry (and stay at Bethel) for at least 4 years (the minimum sign up period) or longer if they wanted stay at Bethel longer (Bethelities weren't allowed to marry and stay at Bethel until the early 1950's, about the time Knorr gave himself permission to do so). It wasn't until the late 60's early 70's that the sign up period for Bethel was reduced to one year.

3) These young men were also now in an environment where they had one or more roommates around to catch them at the practice (more likely they had their own room at home).

4) Notice that the WTS focuses mostly if not only on male masturbation until just recently...

Blondie

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

GRRRRRR! This makes me so mad!!!! I was one of these 'youths' who felt simply terrible about my bad habit - I was crying during a JC because of all the other sins I had commited this was the only one I couldnt stop. Its so awful of those idiots to keep printing this utter shyte. The poor kids who have such low feelings of themselves doing something thats so natural - afterall who shows you how to do it? You just get curious and thats it. And as has been pointed out if you dont masterbate you have wet dreams, with erotic thoughts, so even though you might be strong to resist it gets you anyway!

This was the primary reason I left the Dubs. I had had enough of feeling SO guilty over this. Once I let it go, I found I was no longer obsessed with it anyhow. So just like a diet if you contantly condemn something like this thats natural its all you can think about which makes relapses more frequent. Once I knew they had got this wrong it allowed me to explore all the other things I'd argued about in my head.

CS 101

• Cardinal Fang
    Cardinal Fang

I'm genuinely surprised that no-one's come up with the most obvious reason for the WT's obsession with masturbation...

They're the biggest shower of w4nkers on Earth !!

• Gill
    Gill

Thanks everyone for your replys.

It seems that the WTBTS is only concerned to make Sex as dirty as possible in the minds of its slaves. How do you suddenly let go of that feeling, and repression that has been felt for so long just because you signed a piece of paper in a marriage ceremony?

The Guilt impossed on young men and women, does not suddenly disappear when they have spent their lives so far trying to repress their sexual urges and feeling guilty that they can't. It leads to a life time of guilt over something totally natural! The emotional harm done belongs in the victorian times.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

I'm sorry to hear that many young JWs have problems with masturbation. Couldn't WTBTS publish an article outlining techniques that have worked well for others?

'There was a young sailor named Tex

Who avoided premarital sex

By thinking of Jesus

And sexual diseases

And beating his meat below decks.'

• awol
    awol

How embarrassing it is to sit in a hall full of people whilst a speaker talks about this!!!! When you are growing up and all your friends are glancing around smirking to hide their embarrassment! I dreaded it!

As a parent now, I would not even dream of asking my kids what they are getting up to by themselves!!! omg. It's how you learn about your body and prepares you for adult hood.

I tell you what, they talk FAR too much about sex and sexual acts for my liking. Rather than the young ones just thinking it's normal and getting on with life.... most of this makes them think about it more and more.... which in turn makes them wonder what on earth they are missing. Then they can't stop thinking it and doing it!!!!

Most of the young people at the KH when I was growing up were all having sex with each other anyway.... just as they all are today. The parents probably keep on askin if theyre masterbating so they think if they confess that it is the less of the two evils and keeps everyones eyes off the fact they are all at it like rabbits!!!!

• Gill
    Gill

Awol! Spot on!

My sister met a young girl who had left her cong in Humberstone, Leicester. The girl was not baptised and so hadn't been DF'D but she left because she said there was less sex going on in the world than in the cong. The majority of the teenagers were having sex with eachother and several of the elders were having affairs. She knew so much because her father was an elder.

The girl was being shunned by her family for leaving and yet they were still associating with a congregation that was behaving in a hypocritical manner.

The JWs think they're 'special' and yet their behaviour is more abnormal than the 'world' because they condemn it, on the one hand, while engaging in it on the other.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit