what would be "proof" of God's existance to someone?

by BlackSwan of Memphis 90 Replies latest jw friends

• skeptic2
    skeptic2

Is there proof that we are not actually part of someone's dream?

Is there proof that we are actually part of someone's dream? No.

Is there proof that we are not actually in someone's short story and we exist just in that story?

Is there proof that we are actually in someone's short story and we exist just in that story? No.

We can just keep going and going.

Yes we can.

Proof.............................what IS proof?

Proof is our only tool for weeding out the bad explanations or propositions from the good ones. Because you cannot disprove things does not mean you have to accept their existence as worthy of consideration.

A world without proving is a world we cannot begin to comprehend, because we can't possibly know anything.

• Warlock
    Warlock

The thing is, I do believe in God. I don't need absolute proof, because it is not possible at this time.

Adam, Moses, Noah and who ever else I might have forgotten had proof. I don't have as much proof as they had, but I still believe.

Warlock

• trevor
    trevor
    Short of God coming down herself

Coming down from where? Love is all around.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Skeptic,

How do you even know you are conscious? How do you know you are not in a coma?

Warlock

• Satanus
    Satanus

That is the question, why doesn't god come down here?

S

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

BlackSwan

How is it possible that God does not exist?

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

"Reality" is only relative to the observer. What YOU perceive is what YOU believe.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

D'oh!

I should have known better! Egads it was a completely hypothetcial question that was meant to get an idea what we would need to know there is a god!

Oh kay...where do I start???

First you need to define what a God is.

Oh kay, God is a spirit being in this instance.

Is there proof that we are not actually part of someone's dream?

Is there proof that we are not actually in someone's short story and we exist just in that story?

What if we wake up and find out this whole thing is just a dream that WE are having and we are still 8 years old?

We can just keep going and going.

Proof.............................what IS proof?

Warlock

Uhm, yes? I mean no. Definitely no. I think. On the other hand, maybe yes. I have to think about this. Restrangled: That was beautifully said.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    Coming down from where? Love is all around.

Uh, I was thinking heaven. But love being all around us is always a good thing.

That is the question, why doesn't god come down here?

S

I don't know. Ask her. So, what would it take for you to believe in said God?

BlackSwan

How is it possible that God does not exist?

Ok, so you're obviously of the opinion that God does exist. Very good then. To answer your question...to me, very possible.

"Reality" is only relative to the observer. What YOU perceive is what YOU believe.

Ok more illusion stuff I guess. yeah, makes some sense. sorry it took me so long, had open house at my daughters school tonight.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

D'oh!

I should have known better! Egads it was a completely hypothetcial question that was meant to get an idea what we would need to know there is a god!

Oh kay...where do I start???

It's a deep question.

I still want the "Howdy y'all!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit