what would be "proof" of God's existance to someone?

by BlackSwan of Memphis 90 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    If she looked like yoda's wife or pamela anderson really wouldn't matter. I mean, this is god we're talking about here. As a residence, she could have a palace in england, a beaver lodge in canada, a skyscraper in the usa, a pyramid in egypt, a gold/gem covered mosque in saudi arabia, a hotel in israel. She wouldn't have to intervene that much. She could affect huge changes through the simple act of blissing out people who came to her by filling them permanently w divine love/pleasure/serenity. Those blissed ones returning to their homes would do the changes. Of course, being goddess, she would be open for business 24/7 at all of her locations. She could have a different avatar in each of her residences. How's that for a start?

Now that is one rocking goddess. I think if she looked like Yoda's wife though, people might get a little freaked. Maybe?

Ok, I'm tired. This is an intersting thread. Hm, wonder what I'll wake up to???/

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Jesus "proofed" he was God's son when he was here,....but...I guess for humans, proof still isn't enough. There's gotta be something better than proof. Hmmm...wonder what it is???

• Satanus
    Satanus

Blackpearl

That was 2000 yrs ago and it's all second and 3rd hand. Also, it isn'nt corrborated by contemporary secular historians. No, it's not enough. Somehting permanent, undying (jesus died, remember?).

S

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

No, it's not enough. Why did they need proof and we need faith?

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Hmmm....you've got a point, he did die. But alas...there were witnesses to Jesus life and works both in the bible and recorded in secular history. So if other people see something and we don't see it, that's not proof enough? So...when you purchased your house for $200,000.00 did you ever actually see or touch the money that was paid to the seller? How do you know that money actually went to it's destination, you never actually physically touched it or saw it? Would you rely on a document or someone's verbal verification that the money changed hands? Or would you have to actually physically see the money in order to believe that you are now the new owner? If you don't believe the documentation or the verbal authorization that you are now the new owner, why did you move into the house? YOU, never actually visibly verified with your own eyes that the money, that stack of $100.00 dollar bills went to the seller, so what right do you have to take posession? Did you even call the seller (Certaninly He/She is not God and can be easily reached by telephone or a visit to His/Her home) to verify that they actually, physically saw and touched the money that they were about to receive? Ahh, so now we're getting somewhere, we can trust other humans with documents, but not Jehovah or God or whatever you may want to call Him/Her? Do you believe old family stories handed down from your Great, Great, Great Grandfather? How do you know he actually lived, you never met him? Do we see how ridiculous this can get? If we can doubt God that much, we better check into our own lives first, and then question God.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Blackpearl

If we can doubt God that much, we better check into our own lives first, and then question God.

Maybe it should be the other way around, hmmm?

S

• oldflame
    oldflame

I already have my proof and it is in my heart, I guess that is why they call it faith. On the other hand I have been told by many who are unsure of God's existence would be if they seen a ghost or something of the supernatural.

• Warlock
    Warlock

There are some who would deny God's existence even if they died and went to heaven.

Warlock

• free2beme
    free2beme
    What kind of proof do you need?

To believe in a All Knowing, one person God, would basically be the extreme. I would need to see him/her face to face or I would not buy it.

What kind of proof do you need to believe in life after death?

Seen enough evidence of this, no more proof needed.

What kind of proof do you need to believe in mental telepathy?

Seen, done and do proof of this often, convinced.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin
    What would be proof of God's existance to someone?

I don't know I guess it would all depend apon what this God is claiming to be,

Is he just claiming to be a minor diety or a big guns god claiming to be the creator of everything.

And is he just claiming it for this universe only,,, so it all depend on how spectaculor the claim the bigger the mouth on them the more I excpect to be provided proof

And if they get insulted it's their tuff tities

and don't let them frighten you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit