Confess and you won't be DF'd!!! Puke alert!!!!

by Gill 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gill
    Gill

Well, in nearly forty years of being a dub, I've read some BS but some of it really takes the biscuit.

Take for example the Watchtower of November 15th 2006!

ALWAYS ACCEPT JEHOVAH'S DICIPLINE

PARA 3

Why Some are Disfellowshipped

'God's servant sstudy the Bible and Christian publications. Jehovah's standards are discussed at their meeting, assemblies, and convention. So Christians are in a position to know what Jehovah requires of them. Disfellowshipping takes place only if a member of the congregation UNREPENTATNTLY engages in gross sin.

para 7

Repentance Makes a Difference

'Most who sin seriously are truly repentant and are not disfellowshipped from the congregation. Of course, genuine repentance does not necessarily come easily. Consider Israel's King David, who composed Psalm 32. That song reveals that for a time David did not confess his serious sins, likely involving Bath sheba. The result was that anguish over his sins depleted his vigor, just as a summer's dry heat saps moisture from a tree. David suffered physically and mentally, but when he confessed his transgressions, Jehovah pardoned him.

para 8

'clearly, then , a sinner must be repentant if he is to receive mercy. However, neither shame nor fear of exposure is repentance. 'To repnet' meant 'to change one's mind' with regard to bad conduct, because of regret. A repentant person has 'a hear broken and crushed' and wants to 'right the wrong' if possible.

Repentance is a very important factor in connection with reinstatement into the Christian congregation. A disfellowshipped person is not automatically accepted back into the congregation after a certain amount of time has passed. Before he can be reinstated his heart condition muyst undergo a great change. He must come to realise the gravity of his sin and the reproach he brought upon Jehovah and the congregation. The sinner must repent, pray earnestly for forgiveness and conform to God's righteous requirements. When requesting reinstatement, he should be able to give evidence that he has repented and is producing works that befit repentence.'

Why Confess Wrongdoing/

para 13

Jehovah will not bless anyone who hides gross sin and tries to stay in the Clean Christian congregation. So, if you have fallen into sin and want to do what is right, do not hesitate to mae an honest confession. Otherwise, yhou will have a guilty conscient, especially when you read or hear counsel regarding such serious matters. What if Jehovah were top withdraw his spirit from you, as he did in the case King Saul. With God's spirit removed, you could fall into even more serious sin.'

This is where you need to get your sick bucket ready!!!!

Trust Your Faithful Brothers

pqrq 14

So, then, what should a repentant wrongdoer do? 'Let him call the older ment of the congregation to him, and let them pray over him, greasing him with oil in the name of Jehovah. And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him uip.' Approaching the elders is one way for a person to 'produce fruit that befits repentance.' These faithful and warm hearted men wil pray over him and grease him with oil in Jehovah's name. Like soothing oil, their Bible cousnel will prove to be comforting to anyone who is truly repentant.

How Shepherds Provide Help

Para 17

The elders gladly comply with this counsel: 'Continue showing mercy....doing so with fear.' Jude 23. By falling into sexual immorality, some Christians have sinned seriously. But if they are truly repentant, they can expect merciful, loving treatment by elders eager to help them spiritually. Including himself, Paul said regarding such men: 'Not that we are masters over your faith, but we are fellow workers for your joy.' Therefore never hesitate to seek their spiritual assistance.

para 18

If you have sinned seriously, why can you have confidence in the elders? Because they are primarily shepherds of God's flock. No loving shepherd beats a docile, bleating lamb for hurting itself. When elders deal with erring fellow believers, therefore , it is a matter not of crime and punishment but of sin and spiritual restoration where possible. Elders must judge with righteousness and 'treat the flock with tenderness.'

para 19

Christian shepherds are appointed by holy spirit and seek to be led by it. If a man takes some false step before he is aware ofit - as though caught off guard - spiritually qualified men try to readjust such a man in a spirit of milness.

Para 20

If a sin is widely known or will undoubtedly become known an announcement to the congregation would likely be appropriate in order to protect its reputation. an announcement will also be made if the congregation needs to be informed. During the time that an individual who has been judicially reproved is healing spiritually, he might be likened to a person recovering from an injury, which temporarily limits his activity. For a time, very likely it would be beneficial for the repentant one to listen rather than commnet a tmeetings. The elders may arrange for someone to have a Bible study with him to strenthen him where he is weak so that he may again become 'health in faith'. All of this is done in love and i not intended to punish the wrong doer.'

para 23

Accepting divine discipline will enable you to remain in God's love. True, some have been expelled from the Christian congregation, but this need not happen to you if you 'safeguard your heart' and 'walk as a wise person.' If you are now disfellowshipped, however, why not take steps toward reinstatement? God wants all who have made a dedication blah blah....' rest is more BS!

So there we have it ....Most people are not DF'd who sin seriously. Can this be true or is it a cunning ploy to get some 'sinners' in to the elders to start a mass disfellowshiping.

Sneaky buggers!!

• vitty
    vitty

And to think I really, really, believed this.

• nelly136
    nelly136

the oil thing sounds more like foreplay

• nelly136
    nelly136

and f disfellowshipment isnt part of the package why are they on about reinstatement?

more double speak n bollox

• Gill
    Gill

nelly - I agree with you about the double speak. I suspect though that anyone confessing a sin is going to be DF'd immeadiately, unless they're the children of an Elder. That's my experience of this with folk that I've known.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Thanks Gill,

he should be able to give evidence that he has repented and is producing works that befit repentence.'

Compared to this, I presume?

Acts 10:43 (New International Version)
    New International Version (NIV)

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."
    Sirona
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff

"God's servant study the Bible and Christian publications. Jehovah's standards are discussed at their meeting, assemblies, and convention. So Christians are in a position to know what Jehovah requires of them. **Disfellowshipping takes place only if a member of the congregation UNREPENTATNTLY engages in gross sin.**"

This is a fooocking lie.

I know of at least 5 cases where the person went to the elders to confess, and got the boot.

What they need to say is: If you don't tell us what we want to hear, you will be DF'd, no questions asked.

That means: I will go to every meeting, study each day, I won't see that person, I won't marry that person, I won't drink anymore at all, etc etc.

If you go in confused, and say you don't know what to do YOU ARE HISTORY.

And PLEASE don't buy that line about helping you with your attitude; that is an outright falsehood.
    ONE meeting is all it takes, they are not going to keep meeting with you to help you.

These guys are such LIARS.

• juni
    juni

What a load of ca ca. "Taking steps to come back....." In reality it's jumping through manmade "hoops" to be good enough for the self-righteous shepherds. So unlike the illustration of the prodigal son!!

Juni

• geevee
    geevee

Dont cood enough for confess, wait. If is good enough for elders and ms's to wait for a few years then confess and nothing happens to them, then the rank and file should be able to do the same. Remeber, it is all BS any way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    'clearly, then , a sinner must be repentant if he is to receive mercy. However, neither shame nor fear of exposure is repentance. 'To repnet' meant 'to change one's mind' with regard to bad conduct, because of regret. A repentant person has 'a hear broken and crushed' and wants to 'right the wrong' if possible

So, someone molests a child, repents, is forgiven by the elders, and molests another child, or the same one. We all know this happens, and people get away with it time and time again. Therefore, the person who does this is not "genuinely repentant", according to this paragraph. So how come these ones aren't df'd and reported to the authorities.

The wts exposes it's own hypocrisy in this article. I don't know how they have the cheek to print such obvious bs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit