Confess and you won't be DF'd!!! Puke alert!!!!

by Gill 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Warlock
    Warlock

Keep your sins between you....................and God.

Why? Because it's a private matter between you and him.

Warlock

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

OMG Puke alert is right! I can't believe how full of **#@&*^%$# they are.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I just finished reading through all the posts, and oh they make me so mad! The botchtower society I mean.

After I was reinstated, it really pissed me off the way some of the self-righteous jerk JWs still would turn their noses in the air when I walked by, as they were still clearly judging me as unfit for association. UGH!!!! So unChristlike, it just makes me sick. And it is what pretty much a lot of the reason why I faded away and left, was their unChristian behavior toward me.

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

My boyfriend (ackack here on jwd) read this post to me last night. I became filled with anger as he read through this absolutely shit piece of crap article. By the time he was done reading, I was screaming obscenities at the elders, the org and their god. It's been 7 years since my jc ordeal and I am still so affected by this.

The dishonesty of this article is a slap in the face of so many who have contritley gone to the elders and confesssed. I was one such person. And I was treated like garbage, interrogated for 6 hours and told that I should just be grateful to be disfellowshipped since if this were Israellite times I'd be stoned. Bastards.

What really got me riled up was this paragraph:

"'Most who sin seriously are truly repentant and are not disfellowshipped from the congregation. Of course, genuine repentance does not necessarily come easily. Consider Israel's King David, who composed Psalm 32. That song reveals that for a time David did not confess his serious sins, likely involving Bath sheba. The result was that anguish over his sins depleted his vigor, just as a summer's dry heat saps moisture from a tree. David suffered physically and mentally, but when he confessed his transgressions, Jehovah pardoned him. "

I hate that they never follow the example of David's sin all the way through. David hid what he did for at least 9 months while Bathsheba was pregnant. So you figure that maybe he concealed it for even a year. And then he didn't actually confess to anyone. It was Nathan who basically dragged it out of him. And then jehovah pardoned him. HUH? Where's the jc? Where was the year and a half of shunning? Or the subsequent "restriction" of privileges? Nope, seemed pretty instant repercussions and forgiveness from jehovah. Never seen that from any jc committee. Bastards.

I remember having panic attacks when these types of articles or talks were given at the kh. I would lock myself in the bathroom and just rock back and forth, attempting to control my breathing before I hyperventilated. It was like being raped and my body knew it.

My bf said it's okay that I'm still angry about this. Shows I have a sense of justice and that I still feel strongly about those who are abused and wronged. I just wish sometimes that my body could forget about it all. And just knowing that my parents will sit in their kh when this wt is studied, knowing everything I went through, and still find a way to justify it to themselves, just makes me ill. Damn it, I'm crying now.

tall penguin

• Gill
    Gill

(((((( tall penguin )))))

So sorry that they put you through so much! It's the experiences of people such as yourself, however, that make it important to reveal their smug hypocrisy. I hope in time you will be able to put your experience with these evil men behind you. But the two faced ness of that article is a disgrace! Hopefully, others not yet caught in their trap, will read your post and those like you, and be careful to NEVER tell the elders anything!!!

Love

Gill

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    I just wish sometimes that my body could forget about it all. And just knowing that my parents will sit in their kh when this wt is studied, knowing everything I went through, and still find a way to justify it to themselves

im feelin ya

• Gill
    Gill

((((( hallowedbethyname )))))))) Sorry they treated you so badly. What's wrong with these men? I can only think that power has gone to their heads and they enjoy 'damning' people. Anyone with an ounce of self realisation would know that they are NO better than the people they feel they have been given the right to judge and in some cases, sadly destroy.

Any Elder worth his salt, as a human being, could never send someone into the 'living death' of Disfellowshiping. Shame on all of them!!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I have tears in my eyes...I've only read the 1st page so far.

I don't know if it's, because, I used to believe and practice this shameful religion upon others or because, it's still happening to people or because it's still affecting me and my family so acutely.

I suspect it's...'all the above'.

Rabbit

• bennyk
    bennyk

If every last one of these individuals who have been DF'd were NOT truly repentant, why have we seen so many of them work for re-instatement IMMEDIATELY? Shouldn't this serve as proof to the "rank and file" that these Elders are not "Spirit-directed" and that these decisions are not coming from God?

• seawolf
    seawolf

I agree, Gill. Unfortunately too many elders seem to love DFing people, especially the young women. Can't wait to get them in there and hear all their juicy sex details don't ya know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit