African JWs Can Keep "Messianic" Attire Because It's There Culture!

by minimus 105 Replies latest jw friends

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good girl, I like Jesus' outfit. Very cool.

Yeah I like it too, LOL.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

When she told me of this, I said, "then celebrating birthdays should be allowed too since it's "cultural" to do so".......She agreed.--------- What's your thinking on this one???

X MASS AND THANKSGIVING TOO.

• Wordly Andre
  • Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Min,

If I had to wear a suitcoat & tie, then damn it they should too. Even in the Serengeti.

Dismembered

• Mr. E
    Mr. E

Clothing attire is cultural in different lands. Celebrating birthdays is more in the line of traditions of men. Many people come together in love during the honoring of their childs birth. When you die it is a disheartening occurrance and many people mourn over. A righteous man is usually remembered for his righteous works and is honored at his death. It does not mean it is more important then your day of birth in respect to showing love to one another.

If you join together with your family for a birthday celebration, are you sinning if you are not celebrating the acts of magic practitioners? It is better to show love for your family while avoiding anything that might displease God. Honor the Father in the Heavens first in prayer, and then honor your children in love.

Mr. E

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine
    They bow to tradition, and even fashion, when it suits there purpose. A few years ago, it was the fashion in our hall and others in the area for brothers to have their heads shaved, or hair cut very short.

When I was a JW there was a case in PA where two skinhead JW kids killed their parents. When I had my head shaved everyone, especially my parents, said it was a slap in the face to them and to the congregation to have this look. And as far as wearing that African attire, how can they pick on every detail and every trend and then let people wear this stuff. (nothing wrong with it, of course, in "normal" people's eyes)

EV-ER-Y detail was examined. Whatever trend brother "I'm cool" thought he was up on was condemned. "That means you're in a gang" "That means you're ready for sex" ....So goofy it's not even funny.--mnky

• heathen
    heathen

Yah and I've heard some of them say everybody else is nuts . What I'd like to see is the church itself come up with some clothes for people like the Amish .

• carla
    carla

Mr. E, obviously you have never been to a birthday party. You really need to research the issue and make an attempt to prove your statement biblically. There are many, many sites and threads about birthday's and how the jw's don't have a leg to stand on that issue. If you had ever been to a birthday party you would realize nobody gets thier head lopped off, no person or even the birthday person is worshiped, nobody sings magical incantations or any other such nonsense the wt puts out about it.

Col 2:16 -- 16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

• Mr. E
    Mr. E

Mr. E, obviously you have never been to a birthday party. You really need to research the issue and make an attempt to prove your statement biblically. There are many, many sites and threads about birthday's and how the jw's don't have a leg to stand on that issue. If you had ever been to a birthday party you would realize nobody gets thier head lopped off, no person or even the birthday person is worshiped, nobody sings magical incantations or any other such nonsense the wt puts out about it.

Col 2:16 -- 16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

Yes I have been to a birthday party. People that celebrate them have no idea of the origin so they are not sinning. What is your point? Who is it I am judging? Inquirying minds want to know

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    People that celebrate them have no idea of the origin so they are not sinning. What is your point? Who is it I am judging?

Read your own words, you just said who you are judging.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit