African JWs Can Keep "Messianic" Attire Because It's There Culture!

by minimus 105 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Bizzyee: Does anyone else think that it is the heighth of presumptuousness that the Society is "allowing" people to dress in their native attire?

Mr. E: What do you mean? The society "allowing" seems to be your point. Do you think that the Society is too controlling or has too much power? They certainly push their laws and doctrines on others, and they punish them if they do not accept their way of thinking.

Yes, we agree on that. Otherwise, a lot of your point of view seems informed by the WTS's labored machinations. No offense, but do you a write for the WT?

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine
    No offense, but do you a write for the WT?

Don't you know who that is? The WT writes about HIM!

• Mr. E
    Mr. E
    Yes, we agree on that. Otherwise, a lot of your point of view seems informed by the WTS's labored machinations. No offense, but do you a write for the WT?

Where there is truth I stand on it's side. Where there is a lie it should be exposed as such.

I do not write for the W.T.S. is the answer to your question. Why would I take offense? There is none taken =)

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I do not write for the W.T.S. is the answer to your question. Why would I take offense? There is none taken =)

Oh, good.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Great! Who said Messianic? Now Stevie Brown is back. For those who don't know, Stevie is an insane liar who thinks he's the Faithful and Discreet Slave. He turns up every few months with more silly lies and wacky predictions. Currently he's calling himself Mr. E, as he has no respect for board rules or etiquette and changes his username every time he comes back. The only think to admire about Mad Stevie - and it's really not that admirable - is his unwavering self-belief in the face of overwhelming evidence that he is a deluded idiot.

• blondie
    blondie

I remember a white JW couple who had an opportunity through the husband's job to go to Africa. They attended the meetings there (for a year) and came back after his work was finished there. Several women in the congregation gave them local African outfits as gifts. The husband did not wear his to the hall but she wore hers.

1) Some black women (not from Africa) were offended that a white woman would wear their cultural garb (never mind that it was a gift from an African woman)

2) The elders decided that only black women could wear such dress at the KH.

3) An African brother came to the US with his white (but African) JW wife. Guess what happened? Yes, the white (but African) JW wife wore African dress, and was told she could not because she was white (thus not African).

4) The result, the CO got involved and told everyone that they could not wear African garb to the KH for the sake of peace, not to "stumble" anyone.

Blondie (WTS, the land of rules)

• minimus
    minimus

What troublemakers these Africans are!

• Mr. E
    Mr. E
    Great! Who said Messianic? Now Stevie Brown is back. For those who don't know, Stevie is an insane liar who thinks he's the Faithful and Discreet Slave. He turns up every few months with more silly lies and wacky predictions. Currently he's calling himself Mr. E, as he has no respect for board rules or etiquette and changes his username every time he comes back. The only think to admire about Mad Stevie - and it's really not that admirable - is his unwavering self-belief in the face of overwhelming evidence that he is a deluded idiot.

I know who you are, you will know who I am soon.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Mr. E. said:. . Down to the fourth century Christianity rejected the birthday celebration as a pagan custom."

THis is the same Christianity that had men castrating (literally)themselves, women disfiguring their faces, bodies, cutting off their breasts and noses so as to not be attractive to men. They had a lot of crazy ideas.

• Mr. E
    Mr. E
    Mr. E. said:. . Down to the fourth century Christianity rejected the birthday celebration as a pagan custom."

THis is the same Christianity that had men castrating (literally)themselves, women disfiguring their faces, bodies, cutting off their breasts and noses so as to not be attractive to men. They had a lot of crazy ideas.

Men kill one another also. This does not mean that it is authorized by The Almighty Father, or Jesus Christ does it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit