African JWs Can Keep "Messianic" Attire Because It's There Culture!

by minimus 105 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

She don't look like no Jesus.

• blondie
    blondie

So do you have an example of what is "messianic" attire, min?

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

I saw a young lady in "Messianic" attire the other day. I told my buddy, "Jesus Christ would you look at that mini skirt?!" It was truly a spiritual experience.

-BONEZZ

Seriously though...you are correcto-mundo. Birthdays are cultural...how 'bout raising a glass to toast someone? But what else do you expect from hypocritical bastards?

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Is this "Messianic" Attire?smJC.jpg OFG, you are not African. Oh wait, or a JW for that matter, LOL.

• Warlock
    Warlock

GG/BG

Now that, was funny.

I'm still laughing......out loud.

Warlock

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

GG/BG

Now that, was funny.

I'm still laughing......out loud.

Warlock

Thanks, Papa Bear. Glad that sometimes I crack someone besides just me up. Haha.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Thanks GG/BG... luv, ya....

• Gordy
    Gordy

Interesting.

We have many Africans who come to our church dressed like the lady in Blondies picture, also the men dress in similar style.

I remember many years ago being told by a JW brother who had been a missionary in Africa. That one of the problems was the "culture" of people out there. He related one where at one of the villages they went to, which was part of a certain tribal system.

Young unmarried women in the tribe covered their breasts as a sign that they were virgins.

When married and especially when they had a child they did not cover their breasts ever. But went around bare-breasted. As a sign that they were married and had a child to feed.

Now when some of these married women were going to become JW's they were told by the missionaries that for "modesty" would mean they had to cover their breasts. But they hit a snag it seems that if a married woman in this tribe covers her breasts she is signaling that she is "available" and could be considered a prostitute.

The missionary said they had to send to HQ to find out what to do. But they hadn't had anything back when he left to come home.

I often wonder what happened over that

I get the feeling there should be a joke about the missionary position in this.

• heathen
    heathen

Yah I saw that idiotic article in the WT that stated that wearing such clothes was inappropriate because it resembles what women wear today for a dress . I means jeezus caaaaaaaaahriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiist how do the expect to convert moslem populations in the mid east by making insulting comments like that ? I don't see anything wrong with wearing a white robe to symbolize what it says in Revelation 7 . God apparently likes robes , I don't see any command in the bible against robes or you have to wear a suite.

• minimus
    minimus

Good girl, I like Jesus' outfit. Very cool.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit