So Who is the Biggest Watchtower Villain?

by slimboyfat 78 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    didoRe: So Who is the Biggest Watchtower Villain?
    OTWO- he was only going to live the life style that millions of other jw`s had to, the way of life they told us was best, no material possesions, seek the kingdom etc., so shame he couldn`t live in his luxury pad and jet about, life`s a bitch!

TRUE, you convinced me. Still, I relate and I liked his book. I'm waiting for the second book to ship to a family member. I can't have it come home yet.

I'm sure Ray was being groomed to be president after Fred or after Milton. Difficult to let go. I'm sure there are others in the GB who hang on for the benefits, knowing they don't believe the crap. I guess that maybe 2 current GB members are totally sincere, thinking this is God's organization.

I always felt (as an active JW) that the Pope or Bishops and Priests should step down when they learned the truth about their own religion, yet I, myself waited (until I cleared the doubts- once I KNEW, I left). I could have stepped down with doubts and worked on the doubts. That would have been fair to the publishers. Ray Franz definitely knew things were wrong for years.

• dido
    dido

OTWO- his book was one of the things that really helped me to overcome my feelings of guilt, and move on, as i was d/f so still believed the hype, so i am grateful to him for that, and i`m sure he has helped a lot of people wwith his book, so i thank him for that. Just one last thought, i think it was over 20 years that he had doubts, but need to check, that`s a long time to have them tho`, isn`t it?

• testigay
    testigay

Gary... but I think Don is an instrument that the GB uses as he pleases. I mean... Don Adans will do whatever the GB requires. If he wanted to change something he could be probably be removes by someone the GB relays on.

• Mary
    Mary
    By the way, am I the only one who thinks Russel's death is a little suspicious? Rutherford was by his side all the time, and published a postumous book in his name with the ludricus claim that he had dictated it from the grave.

He was? I was always under the impression that Russell died on a train on his way to or from giving a public discourse.....I've never heard that Rutherford was by his side. Can someone confirm this?

And by the way Gary.....I thought you were joking when you first nominated Don Adams......I didn't even know a guy with that name existed in the Borganization......Christ, I thought you meant this guy:

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Mary, You are correct. Rutherford was not with Russell when he died. You can read about "Pastor Russell's Last Days" from the POV of the man who WAS with him, Menta Sturgeon, here: http://www.godstruthfortoday.org/BibleStudents/PastorRussellsLastDays.html ~Merry

• garybuss
    garybuss

Testigay, you wrote:

Gary... but I think Don is an instrument that the GB uses as he pleases. I mean... Don Adans will do whatever the GB requires. If he wanted to change something he could be probably be removes by someone the GB relays on.

I think that's what he wants you to think. That's the job of the Judas goat. The Jehovah's Witnesses are authority (idol) worshipers. The Governing Body provides the icon(s) for them to worship. The Governing Body's purpose is to draw attention away from corporate, and to be a "draw", an "act", at fundraisers.

The corporation can't spend money without authority and resolution. Is the Governing Body operating as a board of directors for the corporations? If they are, I might know a few attorneys who'd be interested to know that. If they're a board of directors, they've not disclosed that to my knowledge.

If they have the power of a board of directors, and if they do the duties of a board or directors, and if they have the power to remove the president of the Watch Tower holding corporation, there might be a possibility a judge might see them as a board of directors for the Watch Tower corporation of Pennsylvania.

They can't be powerless and be powerful at the same time, and they can't be corporate powerful and not be corporate responsible. If Adams has the power, no problem. If Adams doesn't have the power, that's a problem for them all. The Governing Body can claim to be powerful and powerless at the same time to the Jehovah's Witness people and get away with it, but they can't claim to be powerful and powerless at the same time and get away with it in court. The judge ain't gonna let em shun him.

So, what are the Governing Body? Are they an undisclosed board of directors? Or are they powerless and just low paid volunteers working at Bethel?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

OTWO

I was thinking of publishing a book about the WTS. The application form asked who the target audience was. After writing "6 million Jehovah's Witnesses, non of who are allowed to read the book" I realised to amount of books l would likely sell would be very minimal. That is why the internet is better, it does not cost much to maintain and JWs can throw a glance now and again.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Mary, You wrote:

And by the way Gary.....I thought you were joking when you first nominated Don Adams......I didn't even know a guy with that name existed in the Borganization......Christ, I thought you meant this guy:

I think many Witnesses and Witness watchers don't know the three amigos are Don Adams, Max Larson, and William Van De Wall. They WANT to be invisible and give the perception the organization is led by the non-corporate Governing Body.

I'm disturbed by reports that say the "Governing Body" will send money . . . when the Governing Body doesn't legally have access to any money. I think if they want to build a firewall, they should get everybody on that page. They haven't done a good job with their firewall.

If the Governing Body governs, who do they govern, how do they govern? They're not directors, so they can't direct. What's their capacity? I say they are icons and they're a Judas goat. Others say they are the real leaders and the presidents are puppet presidents.

I could maybe believe the presidents are puppet presidents, but I can't believe the Governing Body is in charge. The Society tries too hard to make us believe the Governing Body is in charge. That's a tip off it's not true.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

That reader-you know the one always in "Question from our readers" who throws out the softball questions and never challenges the society. I hate that person. What a wuss.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

jwfacts,

It would be hard for JWs to get your book, read it and deny reading it. They might get caught, so very few would buy it.

You are wise. An internet site, they could open, then easily never mention it or deny. More business that way.

You won't know your audience, but you can document the hits and sell advertisements.

While Ray Franz' book has been crucial to many, Randy Watters and some other have probably helped more

people to decide to get out. I found Ray's book thru freeminds.org.

But, in case there is a mass exodus, you can put all your stuff from your website into a book later

for the 6 to 10 million former witnesses to read (as well as family trying to help a witness leave).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit