So Who is the Biggest Watchtower Villain?

by slimboyfat 78 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

SlimBoyFat..You missed a very important person in all of this,the man Russel learned from..The man Russel got most of his ideas from..The ideas that affect the religion to this very day..Civil War Army Captian :"William Miller"...OUTLAW

• blondie
    blondie

The one who tells or supports the lies knowing they are lies. I don't pretend to read minds or hearts, but only we know what lies within.

Blondie

• Mary
    Mary

It's a toss up between Rutherford and Freddie the Frog Franz. Rutherford came up with brainiac idea of having two classes of Christians: the 144,000 (First Class) and the Great Crowd (Steerage) and got rid of anything resembling "fun". Freddie just took everything that Rutherford did and refined it to the 10th degree so that many things that the early Bible Students did openly, were now disfellowshipping offenses..........Hmmm......if I had to pick just one from this list of turds (except Ray who shouldn't even be on the list), I'd have to say Freddie Franz is the biggest villian......no surprise really. Look who his twin brother was:

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Rutherford without a doubt. Freddy comes in a close second though, as the latter day 'oracle'.

I don't see TJ as anywhere in the running. His leadership is just a by-product of Rutherford/Franz IMO

Do you suppose Rutherford is angry at how hot 'paradise' is?

Jeff

• magoo
    magoo

.........there were all stooges, trying to be rulers of men

magoo

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    It's a toss up between Rutherford and Freddie the Frog Franz. ..........I'd have to say Freddie Franz is the biggest villian

I essentially agree with everything Mary said. Fred got the universally rejected NWT into our hands, now we use the flawed Bible to prove the flawed doctrine is right. He tied everything together with double triple fulfillments of prophecy. He made the WTS out to be a prophet.

Rutherford was a flim-flam lawyer who just used those of us who were suckers. Fred had greater influence and ran amuck with it.

• Panda
    Panda

The biggest villain isn't even on the list. Jehovah is the controlling freak dreamed up by a bunch of desert nomads. Heck place the blame where it belongs.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Garybuss,

Why Don Adams? Make your case!

Slim

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Rutherford, Stalin, Hitler... what was it about the early 1900's that created such megalomanical tyrants?

• jgnat
    jgnat
    Rutherford, Stalin, Hitler... what was it about the early 1900's that created such megalomanical tyrants?

The advent of radio and mass media? The tyrant got a microphone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit