So Who is the Biggest Watchtower Villain?

by slimboyfat 78 Replies latest jw friends

• dido
    dido

I think they are all responsible, but there is one thing i can`t understand about Ray Franz, is that if he had so many doubts for all those years, why didn`t he get out sooner, and expose them, he could have saved a lot of lives by doing that, instead he held on until they d/f him, otherwise he might still be part of it now.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

dido,

one thing i can`t understand about Ray Franz

I must say, I have done the same thing. I had doubts since 1995 and chose to be an elder again and try to alliviate those doubts. They kept growing until I had to go. He had more to lose than I do. He had no money, no pension, no social security. He gave his life to the borg.

Again, relating to Ray, I have no intention of trying to save people I know, other than family. I will keep my mouth shut in order to accomplish my goal, but if I get DF, like Ray, I will have nothing holding me back any longer. (But I won't need to write a book to get income.)

BTW, I was only kidding when I said he was my hero, but I do relate.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Oh, and he knew that exposing them would have minimal effect to save lives at first, since virtually none of the JW would read his book.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    By the way, am I the only one who thinks Russel's death is a little suspicious? Rutherford was by his side all the time, and published a postumous book in his name with the ludricus claim that he had dictated it from the grave. Then he seemed to gain instant power in an organization founded by a man who never intended to have a successor. So is it not logical to theorize that Rutherford planned all this? Any thoughts?

Anitar,

I don't think I ever welcomed you yet. Welcome! You are not alone in thinking it is suspicious. But I am not a conspiracy junky about it. It was WAY too convenient for Rutherford, the way things went down. As a student of history, I have become very suspicious of any rise to power through convenient circumstances that closely involved the one who acquired the power or his/her compatriots.

However, suspicion isn't evidence.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• garybuss
    garybuss

slimboyfat, you wrote:

Garybuss,
    Why Don Adams? Make your case!

Slim

Simple, #1. Adam's the current president of the parent corporation. He and he alone has all the power IF he chooses to use it.

#2. William Miller, Russell, Woodworth, MacMillan, Rutherford, Knorr, Franz, and Henschel are all dead. Jaracz is archived and is not a director. They're all powerless.

Adams is alive, he's hurting the most people at once in the history of the Society, he's president of the Society, and he has the power to change it . . . . but he refuses. In my opinion he's the worst ever. Guess why he set up this powerless governing body and allows it to function. The Governing Body is his Judas goat.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judas_goat

There's ever only one person ultimately responsible for a corporation that's the president. The Watch Tower's Pennsylvania corporation is the parent corporation for all the various Jehovah's Witness owned corporations and Don Adams is the president. Adams holds the position formerly held by Russell, Rutherford, and Knorr. Adams and Adams alone is responsible for the blood deaths, the shunning policy, the non-education policy, and Adams controls the committee that controls the assets.

• dido
    dido

OTWO- he was a lot younger when he first had doubts, can`t remember exactly, as it is a while since i read his book, but he had so much inside info, you would think that he would have wanted to get out. I`m sure a lot of his friends and co- bethelites would have followed him.The other thing is, he did get work for a bro` who was d/f, but he still clung on until they d/f him, so he did have an income. Don`t mean to sound harsh, but that`s what i think.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Garybuss,

And to think, that pencil-necked geek once honored us with his presence in our KH years ago. I was stupid enough to be "star-struck".

Dismembered

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Dido, last post on this, don't want to apologize for / defend Ray Franz. I never even met him.

Income from a low paying job and a trailer to live in when you are facing middle age- compare that to one of the best apartments in Brooklyn and jetting all over the world.

He did make the wrong decision, granted. He could have come out younger, started helping people sooner, got income sooner.

But, hindsight is great. It was tough for him to leave then. I suggested that he looked out for Number 1, first. Not much of a hero.

Still, as soon as he got out, he was a great help.

I guess he was a villian/hero- kinda like Catwoman.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    So Who is the Biggest Watchtower Villain?

You and I for falling for and preaching their bullshit

*calls em like he seez em*

• dido
    dido

OTWO- he was only going to live the life style that millions of other jw`s had to, the way of life they told us was best, no material possesions, seek the kingdom etc., so shame he couldn`t live in his luxury pad and jet about, life`s a bitch!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit