Say You're a Bethelite & Monitoring JWD - How Would You Feel About THESE??

by Seeker4 356 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire
    Interesting reference to "plugging the leaks" at headquarters. Any more info on that?

AuldSoul, this would be a great new topic. Think about it, please.

As for Johnny Chip's way of doing things, it can work. I'm an example of that. I was tactless, unloving, impatient, demanding, etc. in the way I got my husband out. He was raised in it BTW and I wasn't. He has told me how I hurt him when I turned his world upside down ... and then he says, "But nothing else would have worked!"

And he's right about that. He was too lazy to do any research on his own. Put it this way, he had NEVER read any of the magazines cover to cover in his whole life! NOT EVER! And he was an MS! I had to challenge him to prove 607 w/out the society's publications and then he realized he didn't even know about 607! It was just a religion for him. He didn't even really know how to explain any of the major doctrines, just that it was the "truth". And thus he was defending something he couldn't even explain. We argued many many hours for many many months. I was a bitch! And I guess bitch does work with some people.

I've been working on my husband's friend for years using the soft casual approach. Boy, it's like pulling teeth! He's finally beginning to doubt and question but it's NOT thanks to me. My husband has been in constant arguments with him over the religion and I really think that somehow some of the points my husband has made are what has stuck. Basically, my husband makes fun of things and his friend gets resentful. But then his friend has to go home and think about how my husband is right. He's all but stopped going to meetings.

The only thing I think I've accomplished is I HAVE managed to peak his curiosity because I always seem to know things before he does. Like I knew they were changing the blood doctrine in the KM and also that they were going to have to study the Revelation book yet again. The last time I talked to him about it he asked me, "How do you know these things?" I said, "I have my ways. I'll tell ya when you're ready." That's kind of insulting, like I'm saying he can't handle it. So it sets him up to prove he can handle it.

I've seen him a couple of times since then and none of us has brought it up. But I can tell he wants to. I'd rather wait for him to bring it up. You know, the suspense factor works too. Let him REALLY REALLY want to know. I have a feeling once he comes on here he wont be coming off any time soon.

• bluesapphire
  • johnny cip
    johnny cip

doubting bro; take it one day at a time. your family is very important. i'm sure if i met you out in field service. i wouldn't think of you as a rabid jw. i think we would talk for a long time. and i can plant seeds on most any wt topic. i welcome you and all the other new posters. looking for peace of mind. the internet is a hard place to get to understand someone. when i talk to jw's in the street i can sense in a few minutes. if they are just out doing f.s. to please their family. but not really into it. or if they are RABID JW'S, hope you can understand what i'm talking about. john

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

JohnnyCip, I for one can totally understand what you mean by RABID JWs. There are those ones I dream about encountering. The sister who studied with me for one, Tracy (wish I could slap her right now!), my MIL, BIL, SIL, sister... The ones who go around saying, "That's gonna be my house someday!" Even when I was still doing service that used to bug the living hell out of me. Those types of comments. Like they couldn't wait for the slaughter.

I remember when the sheep and the goats doctrine was changed. I had only been baptized a year but I told my husband (we were only dating), "That's what I always believed anyway." I remember when I was studying with Tracy and I told her I didn't believe the JWs were separating the sheep from the goats. That turned me off of studying for a long time the way she was totally offended that I didn't believe it. Then when the change happened my husband commented on how I always knew that to his mom and brother in law. They actually sat there and bad-mouthed me, that I was too "new" in the truth, that I was not a "keeper", that I wasn't subjective enough to the organization. And here the organization had just changed their precious doctrine to fit what I already knew. And boy they were RABID that they weren't doing the separating work. They looked for every way possible to do their mental gymnastics to comfort themselves by saying, "Well, we're still doing a separating work. Just that Jehovah will be the final judge." No doy you idiots! What, did they previously believe THEY were the judges?

Now THESE ARE RABID JWs. These are the ones I wish to god would meet someone like you out in service each and EVERY day! These are the ones who will DIE as JWs even if good ole Jesus Christ himself came and told them it wasn't the truth. These are the ones who have made nothing of themselves in the outside world but who are the superfine pioneer sister and 3rd generation elder from a "good JW family" as opposed to a "not so good JW family". They even judge people in their own congregations. One time my BIL told me he doesn't allow his wife to associate with anyone from his hall because he has a very strong conscience and didn't approve of anyone else's consciences in their hall. He actually, really said that in THOSE words!

So as far as I'm concerned, you can HAVE AT THEM any day of the week!

Men like Zarco are few and far between in this organization. I truly feel for these men. And I wish them luck that they can leave with their integrity, dignity and their families. Because we all know how hard a road is ahead of them.

• restrangled
    restrangled

For John Cip....

The problem here is that you.....you are too rabid ...(and by that I mean infuriated) .... and it shuts people down. This does not mean you are not justified in your feelings. I have seen my 2 Dobermans rabid with frustration and they wind up attacking each other..... after being told to stop, because they are denied their fears of the present situation.

In addition: Something I learned from working for attorney's. They are usually bitter enemies fighting for their clients in front of judges. But one thing I learned: They could not be more cordial with each other. It is an art to hold back anger, frustration and hate. Behind the scenes there may be many bitter jokes, comments, and jabs.

But in the end dignifying your enemy also dignifies yourself and the message you are trying to relay.

Just my 2 cents.

r.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Johnny Cip,

Your posts are interesting, but almost impossible to read. You need to format them for paragraphs, and try using normal punctuation, capitalization, etc.

Try writing in paragraphs, then, before you submit post, go to options, just above Submit Post, and uncheck HTML Formatting and check Automatic Cr/Lf. Maybe that will work. It works on my Mac using Firefox, but I don't need it on my PC using Internet Explorer.

Maybe this won't help, I'm not sure. Just want to make sure that people get a chance to read your stuff.

S4

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

restrangled; it easy, i hold jw's to thier conduct. i work jw's in the street. they are not going to walk away thinking they won. or understand the bible. you just have to be there to understand. i can go either way. but they are not going to shit on me . b/c i know what they are going to say before they say it.; that's the difference. then once they say it i ask them if they are counting time,? for preaching a false gospel . it's childs play. it a court of law as you work in . the judge would laugh at them in 5 minutes. blue sapphire bring out some good points. it's the consent presure at the halls that what they preach is truth. and when dealing with rabid jw's you have to tell them 100x's more that what they heard at the hall is bull crap. it sometimes breaks down to who can stand the opposite pressure more . you have to break rabid jw's to wake them up. i stick with the same line every time with my jw dad. "you know the wt are liars , dishonest. lets go over last week wt mag and see how many lies and b/s i can find it the first page? and you can for sure back it all up as truth. you did the research on everything your handing out door to door. at this point a jw knows they haven't researched every quote in this wt. b/c i point to things i know they didn't research. IE. something in the l.a. times or from stalin. did they look it up at the public library. to make sure the way the wt is twisting it . is correct . never met one that did. but they wiolol go door to door saying they tested everything in this mag they handing you as fact.. when you hold them to this they fold like a cheap tent , it's so easy. then it's the jw's that gets pissed off becuase you just proven tghem as a lair in 2 minutes. don't blame me3 for thier incompendence./ john

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    bluesapphire: He was raised in it BTW and I wasn't.

THIS makes ALL the difference in the world. Someone who has never been a JW can get away with almost anything in conversations with JWs. The JW hopes to convert. If you were an "apostate" it would probably have gone very differently. JWs can even legally separate from an "apostate" mate on the grounds of "spiritual endangerment." My parents suggested that to my wife.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

No AuldSoul you got it wrong wrong wrong. I was a baptised "sister" for 4 years before I left through the revolving door. Not raised in it like my husband.

But you're right in that it does make a big difference. And my MIL and others made similar statements to my husband about me. But my husband is in love with me. He was NEVER in love with the "truth".

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Oh. Sorry...thought it was a mixed religion marriage or something. Like jgnat's.

But my husband is in love with me. He was NEVER in love with the "truth".

That's beautiful!

My wife is in love with me and very infatuated with the truth. It is my ardent hope that love will out.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit