Is the Muslim religion actively looking for a war or fight?

by free2beme 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

free2beme

I think that Muslims are often manipulated by lack of any good information.

I agree, sound like any other religious group you know.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Blondie

I would hate to have people put me in the same group as Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell or Jack Van Impe just because they claim to represent the Christian faith.

I agree, but, look at the founder of Islam (Mohamed) and look at the founder of Christian (Christ), Who was more violent?

If people are being taught to imitate the founder of their faith, which one do you think would be more prone to violence?

• Dansk
    Dansk

I agree, but, look at the founder of Islam (Mohamed) and look at the founder of Christian (Christ), Who was more violent?

If people are being taught to imitate the founder of their faith, which one do you think would be more prone to violence?

I don't think we need look at what the "founders" of these faiths "taught", just what their followers did and still do. I think of the Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition right up to modern times with the Roman Catholic church and it's blind eye to Hitler's atrocities, the conflicts in Bosnia, Rwanda and the massacre of Palestinian women and children in refugee camps in Lebanon by Christian Phalangists - oh, and there's the little matter of Northern Ireland where catholics and protestants murdered one another for decades!

All in all, I think the Muslims have probably got a better track record than the Christians. And NO, I definitely would NOT like to be under Muslim rule - any more than I'd like to live in America with its dangerous Bible thumping brigade.

Ian

• ballistic
    ballistic

Lets face it, we don't live in a country where the religions themselves breed tolerence between themselves. We live in a society that has become tolerent. And there are many regions around the world where society is backward in that regard.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Lets face it, we don't live in a country where the religions themselves breed tolerence between themselves. We live in a society that has become tolerent. And there are many regions around the world where society is backward in that regard.

Good points! I think one of the biggest mistakes we did in the UK was to allow religious schools. If children went to the same multi-faith schools they'd mix and, in the main, grow up to be more tolerant adults. Ian

• TopHat
    TopHat

Dansk, I live in America and I have never felt any danger from bible thumpers, as a matter of fact I rarely come across bible thumpers.....I have to SEEK THEM out to find any bible thumpers. Unless you are talking about JWs. and I haven't seen a JW in my neightborhood for a few months now. Of course JWs aren't going blow up my house while my family is here or car while I am driving in it. I am very happy to live in the USA.....

• Dansk
    Dansk

By the way, there was an interesting BBC News item last week entitled Can we learn from America? It was all about Muslims living in the USA (around 8 million I think the programme stated) and, apparently, American Muslims are better integrated than British ones! The programme showed a Muslim male and his young son hoisting the American flag in their garden and also interviewed a leading Muslim leader who stated that if he had knowledge of any Muslim trying to cause unrest against America he'd shop them!

The Muslims interviewed loved their American life and were far removed from their Eastern counterparts. This is how I see the future. I think there will eventually be well integrated completely pro-Western Muslims and Eastern Muslims - and neither will have much in common save for the word 'Muslim'.

Ian

• Dansk
    Dansk

Tophat:

Of course JWs aren't going blow up my house while my family is here or car while I am driving in it. I am very happy to live in the USA.....

I'm sure you ARE happy to live in the USA - and I fully intend to visit there next year - but I'm referring to the Bible belt that is championing the abolition of teaching evolution in schools. Oh, and of the reportedly 8 million Muslims living in the USA, how many have blown up cars and houses?

Ian

• TopHat
    TopHat

Dansk, I didn't know there was 8 million Muslims living in America. I have notice more Muslims though than usual in small towns of NY.... plus they have Muslims street vendors all over Manhatten selling Halah fast food. I just hope they don't mind if I wear a short sleeve blouse or go dancing when I feel like it.or wear a swim suit on the beach...I hate judgmental religions too.

• Dansk
    Dansk

New York, eh! That's where we intend to start our visit - providing I'm still here! Blasted disease doesn't take prisoners!

Erm, we're looking for someone to show us around the Big Apple as we've never been there before.

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit