Is the Muslim religion actively looking for a war or fight?

by free2beme 71 Replies latest jw friends

• done4good
    done4good
    The Nazis who murdered 6 million Jews were largely made up of Roman Catholics and Protestants.

Yes, Ian. But not in THE NAME of thier religion. What the Muslim world is presently doing, (and has done to a lesser extent over the last 5 decades), is clearly being done FOR RELIGIOUS reasons. There has ALWAYS been an innate intolerance within Islam for non-Muslims. I had Muslim friends in both high school and college, and there was always somewhat of a standoff-ish side to them. One could only get to know them so well. I strongly believe we have justifiable cause to be concerned about this situation.

j

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi J.:

I had Muslim friends in both high school and college, and there was always somewhat of a standoff-ish side to them. One could only get to know them so well. I strongly believe we have justifiable cause to be concerned about this situation.

I, too, has Muslim friends at college - and they couldn't do enough for me. Those I associated with were never of the stand-offish type.

I totally agree one should be concerned over the situation, but I agree with Blondie:

I don't think that all these groups, all its members are working together to destroy the West any more than I think that people like Rudolph or Timothy McVeigh mean that Christians are working together to destroy US civilization.

I work with American born Muslims who are afraid that people in the US think they agree and are behind these attacks. That frightened people will look at them and see an enemy.

I'm no more a fan of Islam than you are - or any religion for that matter - but my fear is that many innocent Muslims, many who are pro-west, will end up being tarred with the same brush. Remember the book Not Without My Daughter which was also made into a film? An Iranian underground helped the American mother to escape with her daughter back to the west. Those Iranians were Muslim!

Ian

• barry
    barry

Gday Danks , When white people got to tazmania there were only a few hundred blacks living there, These Tazmanian blacks are the original people that once populated the whole of the Australian mainland but had for some reson died out on the mainland. Observers of these Tazmanian blacks reported there numbers were allready diminishing and it was beleived there diet was of a very poor standard.

I notice the artical you mentioned that several thousand Tazmanian natives or 3% of the population in Tazmania still exist. May I say there are no Tazmanian natives in Tazmania this fact is recongnised by many people here. Many may claim to be a Tazmanian native but they may do it to get benifits from the government. I have seen the so called Tazmanian natives haveing a corrobery and they were all whiter than I am, and whiter than you too Danks.

Atrocities were committed on both sides both in Tazmania and on the mainland but that is criminal either way.

Captain Phillip our first governor of NSW when befriending the natives got two spear wounds in his shoulder but ordered his men not to fire on the natives.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Trip:

Christianity is more civilized now

Really?

Quote: The 1994 Rwandan genocide, killing an estimated 800,000 Tutsis and moderate Hutus, is made even more incomprehensible by the documented participation of many representatives of Rwandan church societies. How could God fearing nuns, and even a bishop, take part in the most cruel crimes against humanity committed on African soil? http://www.afrol.com/Countries/Rwanda/backgr_cross_genocide.htm

Quote: For historical reasons, almost all of the population of the former Yugoslavia follow one of three faith groups. Two are Christian groups: Serbian Orthodoxy and Roman Catholicism; the third is Islam. Throughout the 1990's, Slobodan Milosevic and other politicians exploited long standing religious divisions in the country, in order to promote their nationalistic aims. The Bosnian Serbs, mainly followers of the Bosnian Orthodox church, more than the other groups in the country, first adopted a policy of "ethnic cleansing." In reality, it was actually religious cleansing. This involved the forced relocation of the mostly Roman Catholic Croats and the Muslims. http://www.religioustolerance.org/genocide4.htm

Quote:The ChristianPhalangist group are reported to have murdered entire families in cold blood in the Palestinian refugee camps of Sabra and Shatila.

All 20th Century massacres! I can't see the 21st being any better. Men of ALL three major religions, Judaism, Christianty and Islam commit atrocities.

Ian

• skyking
    skyking

Dansk I pretty much agree with your posts but I Have spent a large part of my free time looking into this problem. For a brief summary I was against the war in Iraq and wrote letters to congress, I did my part however small to stop that war. So I can complain about it I have the right. Have you told your leaders?

Dansk are you willing to go to one of these country's and wear a shit that says I am an USA citizen and a Christian? I know the answer is NOway. If you went you would try to blend in. How do the Muslims dress when they come to the U.S.A. they don't try to blend in do they. Go to any town in the USA and watch there they are big as day, WHY because we tolerate others, we respect others here in the U.S.A. you would not last long if you did the same in one of the country's that is against the US would you.

Just like Humas in Lebanon says its number 1 objective is to protect Lebanon from Israel do you know what its number 2 objective is? To destroy the USA. YES its number two objective is to destroy the USA. I dare you to travel over there with that shirt on and a baseball hat. I wonder how long you would last with your unveiled wife along side of you.

This what we are up against, until the people of those country stand up and do something they will fight for their leaders just like the German people did for Hitler. All they have to have is same evil enemy too rally against and we are giving them all the ammunition to hate us and before long it will happen. It will happen world war III if we do not change our world domination.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Golly. One would think (as blondie points out) more people would know that Islam is not a monolithic religion with a central point of authority.

Any one who makes claims like "What the Muslim world is presently doing" is ignoring the simple fact the Muslim world is not a single entity. A billion Muslims, a fraction of violent ones. A quater of a billion Arabs in that billion, and a fraction of them are violent ones. Seems the 'Muslim world' is by and large peaceful.

Of course, it suits some Western governments to make the danger seem far larger than it is. The Bush administration already made Iraq seem a danger to America to garner support for an invasion. Setting things up so there is a multi-decade period where they can pass whatever laws they like and spend billions on the millitary (much to the delight of their friends in the arms industry) is a dream for some people. He's still trying to make it sound like if the US withdrew from Iraq next week Seattle would be blown up.

And you know what? It might be politically incorrect to say it, but if every single one of the terrorist outrages they have supposedly stopped since 9/11 had happend a few thousand people would have died. Very bad for them, but it's unlikely we would have been amongst them and it's likely our lives would be largely unchanged in that situation when compared to now. And if we factor in the deaths caused by Western millitary action to Muslim civilians and adjust it downwards for the death rate of Afghanistan and Iraq prior to their invasions, to get a net figure of extra deaths, we would find that less people would have died in total by doing nothing! But they were brown people of a different religion so who cares?

Somehow people have bought the idea that violent Islam poses a real threat to the West. Actually, the fact is if things got really dangerous the Middle East would become a nightlight - you know, it would glow in the dark. But if people feel that tomorrow there could be a crescent flag above the White House, they'll vote for you to stop it even if back in reality this would never happen.

If you make people fear and hate something - enemies of the people, gypsies, Jews, Muslims, Tutsis, blacks - and label anyone who disagrees as unpatriotic, jew-lovers, black-lovers, well, according to the Nazi's at that point you can get away with just about ANYTHING.

But yeah. Muslims are bad. It's a nice simple argument. Be happy with it. The fact that the alienation this causes between the majority of peaceful Muslims and the West actually plays into the hands of the terrorists is one thing historians in the future will definately have something to say about.

I can still remember Americans funding Irish terrorism, on British soil, you know NORAID and all that - funny how standards change.

• done4good
    done4good

I, too, has Muslim friends at college - and they couldn't do enough for me. Those I associated with were never of the stand-offish type.

Yes, I didn't mean to imply that they were not good friends, they certainly were, and one of them, (that I still have some contact with), still is. However, what I meant by "standoffish" is, much like the jws, they know that there are certain things their religion teaches that most non-Muslims wouldn't agree with, to say the least. When it comes to those areas, most Muslims are silent, when dealing with non-Muslims. We did much of the same when we were jws. Those individual Muslims themselves may not agree in their hearts with what their religion teaches, (just as there were certain elements of the jw faith that we didn't agree with), but nevertheless, when some issue comes to a head, (such as a df'd family member or good friend), a faithful jw will reluctantly comply with the rules. A faithful Muslim, cannot denounce what the "fanatical" Muslims do, because they know their religion teaches these things, to some degree.

j

• skyking
    skyking

Some of us are forgetting something the USA policy is causing the Muslims too rally to destroy an all EVIL monster the USA. Just as we {average citzen} as individuals will fight for our government most of the US would go to war if are told too.. As I have said before I asked my brother if the Governing body told him this was the final test iand if you passed you will make it into the NEW WORLD go home and kill your family. Remember this is the Governing body asking, would you do it brother. He said YES . My dad asked the same question at his Judicial trial every Elder said YES they would.

People act no different than an animal when it feels it is backed into a corner, it will fight. If the Muslin leaders call for a war the people will kill you. Their GOD has told them too. Most of your friends that are Muslin will kill you. No different than your friends here in the USA and the JW's.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Pope said, "command by Mohammed to spread his faith by the sword was "evil and inhuman."

Can you believe the Pope would say something so disgusting and hateful. Lets go into the streets and murder people over this. Burn cars, destroy buildings and kill the infidels! Yeah, like that would make any sense. Yet, mark my words, it will happen.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Such an outcry, including attacking churches over the pope quoting a medieval king! Yet, did we hear a peep from the Muslim world when Iranian president Ahmadinejed advocated wiping Israel off the face of the earth? Is there something wrong with this picture?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit