Is the Muslim religion actively looking for a war or fight?

by free2beme 71 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

Something is wrong, it is called people wanting their cake and eating it too. These Muslims are allowing their own hatred to blind them of their own stupid and wrong behavior. I don't think their is a cure, because the fight to stop it, is the fuel to their fire.

• Simon
    Simon

It seems the west are the ones who actively start fights.

We are the ones who have gone over and bombed and killed tens, possibly hundreds of thousands of innocent people - most of them Muslims.

The president used infamatory language such as "crusade" to evoke the religious connotations.

Even on this site I see lots of ignorant, anti-muslim propaganda posted (which is going to STOP) so the fact that there are *some* muslims who feel the same way about us is not really a surprise.

Not all muslims are like that but by steryotyping them you help lead them down a path to extremism.

• barry
    barry

Simon you can delete whatever you want on this site but the war on terror started with 9/11 where alquada used aircraft as guided missiles to attack America.

• barry
    barry

Simon I see a lot of ingorant Anti American propaganda by you.

• Simon
    Simon
    Simon you can delete whatever you want on this site but the war on terror started with 9/11 where alquada used aircraft as guided missiles to attack America.

You are implying something has been deleted? I haven't deleted anything ... The US propaganda called "the war on terror" (which only seems to have achieved the creation of thousands more terrorist BTW) started after 9/11 but terrorism was going on a lot longer than that and whether you like it or not, the US has been involved in it. The only thing that changed on 9/11 is that Americans suddenly woke up to the fact that terrorism isn't nice - because it can happen to them too. Before that the IRA raised funds from America to bomb the UK, the CIA funded and participated in terrorism to get rid of governments they didn't like and install governments they do (regardless of whether they are murdering butchers or not). So, what is your point? All that happened on Sep 11 is that 'another' act of terrorism happened but because it was against the US and televised it got more attention than the countless other acts of terrorism that have killed many more people over the years. The 'war on terror' is a convenient political contraption and nothing more. It is a mantra to fool the simple and excuse the inexcusable.

Simon I see a lot of ingorant Anti American propaganda by you.

I think you'll find I back up everything I say with examples. I am cetainly not ignorant but thanks for giving me honourary republican American status.

• JH
    JH

Have a look at this clip about "Radical Islam"

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1211228663574416724&q=obsession&hl=en

I'm watching it now

• skeptic2
    skeptic2

One thing you can guarantee, you are being manipulated by propaganda just as 'they' are. Don't you get tired of being manipulated. To say 1/5th of the world population is looking to start a war is nonsensical.

Any one who makes claims like "What the Muslim world is presently doing" is ignoring the simple fact the Muslim world is not a single entity. A billion Muslims, a fraction of violent ones. A quater of a billion Arabs in that billion, and a fraction of them are violent ones. Seems the 'Muslim world' is by and large peaceful.

When a fraction of US soldiers abuse prisoners, you can bet it's all people in Muslim countries see, and they hate Americans for it.

When a fraction of Muslims firebomb churches or hide their local political conflicts behind the banner of Islam, you can bet it's all people in the western countries see, and they hate Muslims for it.

It's ridiculous how every trots along to the same rhythm, they say 'jump', you say 'how high?'.

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

Now a Italian nun has been shot dead in Somalia. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/5353850.stm

• TopHat
    TopHat

What seems to be the problem in Darfur? Are the Arabs trying to kill all non- Arabs and why? Anyone have a clue?

http://www.afrol.com/News2003/sud001_darfur_conflict.htm

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are basically an aggressive religion, apparently in the Koran there are peace and also war messages and the Moslems can choose what suits them in each instance, for some jihad is war against the infidels for others it is war against sin. Unlike Christianity it is very contradictory in its basic beliefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit