Is ALL sin WILLFULL?

by gumby 183 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Warlock
    Warlock
    (p.s. Gumby is obsessed with my man boobs! I guess we know what HIS nature is!!)

Yeah..........................sinful+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Oh, am I judging again? It must be MY sinful nature.

Warlock

• gumby
    gumby

Terry.....first of all, let me say that I think you have cute boobs for a guy of your age. I ain't gay, but if I was, I'd go out with ya at least once I'm thinkin ...just so I could look at yer boobs ta see if their really as big as they look.

That is the flaw of God's justice in dealing with humans afflicted by the "condition" of sin from birth.

Further, no born-again Christian has ever demonstrated an ability to avoid sin. Frankly, all they can do is insist how awful sin is and warn everybody what will happen to them when they succumb.

So, for all practical, rational and logical purposes it is the height of folly to discuss sin at all in terms of human behavior vis a vis punishment or accountability.

Human nature is what it is and isn't what it isn't.

(p.s. Gumby is obsessed with my man boobs! I guess we know what HIS nature is!!)

Terry....I follow you in what you are saying in that since all are born in sin, there is no choice in whether one sins or not.

The problem is....believers seperate sin. As an example we can look at an argument many use for sinning. If a christian hits their thumb with a hammer accidently and then yells....." son-of-a-bitch", then realises he said it and then asks god for forgivness.......he feels that type of sin is different than a christian man who shacks up with his girlfriend and passes off his fornication to the fact that he isn't perfect and that Jesus forgives fornicators.

What I've often wondered is this. If Jesus forgives a sinner who puts their trust in him and this person is made clean in the blood of the lamb.......then how is it they continue to die because they inherited sin from Adam? If sin brings forth death....yet sin is washed away......what brings about death?

Gumboob

• TopHat
    TopHat

What I've often wondered is this. If Jesus forgives a sinner who puts their trust in him and this person is made clean in the blood of the lamb.......then how is it they continue to die because they inherited sin from Adam? If sin brings forth death....yet sin is washed away......what brings about death?

Gumboob

Good question Gumby...one I have often thought of myself.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Willful sin is where you know that it is a sin and you tell yourself I know it is a sin but I am gonna do it anyway. It's especially hard when she is standin right in front of ya naked as a jaybird.

That is pretty much believer definition. What makes it willful is awareness. So, willful means that you were taught it was a sin but you did it anyway.

According to the defintion, a person chooses to sin, not matter how he rationalizes or justifies his sin, and that is why it is willful.

No justification, according to the definition.

Although, concious sins involving conduct are made by choice, human weakness at the time is a defense. Ajudicating the difference involves determining whether the sin involves mometary weakness. If a person repeats a sin, that could be an indication that the sin was made by choice. Because the next time around, he should have been well prepared.

Are all sins willful? I do not believe they are. Everyone sins a lot without even without being aware of it, for example what we say and do or fail to say and do, our thoughts our feelings, desires, eq: ( "You must not desire...." compare".. "keeps on"...)

The key difference is mometarry weakness that is not repeated or wilfull choice.

But lets cut to the chase here: Accountability according to the Bible. Will God buy your defense? Although Christianity teaches the ransom, it also teaches punishment after the ransom. If that is the case, will God accept your reasons? If there is no God of the Bible, then you have nothing to worry about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit