Is ALL sin WILLFULL?

by gumby 183 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

Many time believers differentiate sin as willfull and non willfull. Is there a difference .....not including an honest mistake?

Gumby

• mouthy
    mouthy

I swore really bad the other day.... It was willfull....but since Christ says none are perfect. I felt better after I said I was sorry------

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Great question.

I think this (especially Christian) distinction promoted the worst kind of hypocrisy, i.e. cheating with oneself.

Freud hit the decisive nail onto its coffin.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

How do you define "sin"?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Social Insurance Number

• KW13
    KW13

nah, not all will is sinful - but anything negative that i do to annoy my stepdad is!

• oldflame
    oldflame

Willful sin is where you know that it is a sin and you tell yourself I know it is a sin but I am gonna do it anyway. It's especially hard when she is standin right in front of ya naked as a jaybird. Ya know what I mean ? LOL

• Mary
    Mary
    Mouthy said: I swore really bad the other day.... It was willfull....but since Christ says none are perfect. I felt better after I said I was sorry

Ya, and it was probably my bad influence that prompted the swearing in the first place .......I can't do anything right.

• blondie
    blondie

I don't consider newborn babies capable of willful sin.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    I swore really bad the other day

What if you just think it? Would that have been a sin? If so, then you did a double sin. You thought it AND spoke it.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit