Is ALL sin WILLFULL?

by gumby 183 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mouthy
    mouthy

The N.T. tells us that "in Adam all are Dying"

But it also tells us that just as one man (Adam) brought death to us.Romans 5:19 explains that it is through one man ( Jesus) many will be considered rightous..We are not under the law....We are under the law of LOVE!!! Christ fulfilled the law..
    No I am not going to tell you off darling Gumby!!Because I feel so sorry for you that you lost the love you had at first. Even in the WT I loved GOD....Yes he was a harsh good. But when I learned about the one who Created ALL things Col 1:15 dont bother to count the ( other) the WT put in,I then learned a kind of love I had never known before. ((((((((HUGS))))

• mouthy
    mouthy

"the Aid Book".

Did you know they dont use the Aid Book anymore???Seems because Ray F worked on that with others it is not acceptable to Jehovah!!!!

• gumby
    gumby

Warlock,

But, IF the OT only applied to the Jews, whether as individuals or The Nation, then maybe WE are the ones who are reading the scripture wrong. Maybe the scriptures you cited don't apply to us at all.

Forget about "us". Apply it to the jews and it STILL makes no sense since all the scriptures I cited applied to the jews. David was a jew...and god killed his son for his error when his own law said god would not do that. If god will be untruthful to the jews, he'd do the same to a gentile.

Mouthy,

My Aid Book illustration was an oldtime law many witnesses used for saving seats at assemblies. I don't know what they use now.

As for you finding Christ and knowing a love you have never known.....I'm grateful you have that Granny....I really mean that and hope you never lose that. If oneday I can believe the son of god actually died for me, then I too will believe as do you once again.......I promise

Love ya Granny

Gumby

• juni
    juni

I get it Brother Gumbelder. I had always wondered about that also. It never made sense. You know what else never seemed "fair" to me? When Moses couldn't go into the promised land. Because he didn't thank Jehovah for the water from the rock. Here Moses had been faithful all his life and then he had to stay back from the Promised Land. Seemed so unfair and unjust.

Someone else said here that we inherited sin from Adam and Eve so we were "setup" to sin. No matter how "good" we are we are always sinning. Where am I going w/this?ummmmmm

God I must be tired. I lost my train of thought. Sorry guys.

Brother Gumbelder? Are you out there? Help me out here please. Sorry I made you sick before.

Raking leaves......lol

Juni

• gumby
    gumby

Someone else said here that we inherited sin from Adam and Eve so we were "setup" to sin. No matter how "good" we are we are always sinning. Where am I going w/this?ummmmmm

God I must be tired. I lost my train of thought. Sorry guys.

My poor little Juni. Did that damn wacky tabacky make you go and forget what you was thinkin? I hate it when that happens.

I think you were tryin to say that the god of the bible punishes unjustly as he did with Moses. David also was not allowed to constuct the temple cuz he played nasty with Bathsheeba and the task was given to his son who ended up with thousands of concubines which made him leave the truth......................I mean god, and he joined another church.....I mean he followed other gods. ( fricken dubs brainwashed me)

Gumby....who now mows leaves with gloves on instead of raking them.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    David also was not allowed to constuct the temple cuz he played nasty with Bathsheeba and the task was given to his son who ended up with thousands of concubines which made him leave the truth.

David was not allowed to construct the temple, because he had been a man of war and had too much blood on his hands to build such a holy place.

Warlock

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

BASTARD !

Willfully yours,

• Gill
    Gill

If David was guilty of too much blood shed and so couldn't build the temple, who told him to to go to war and shed all that blood?

Surely the person who told him to shed all that blood shouldn't be allowed to tell anyone to build a temple!

• luna2
    luna2

I was just thinking about that, Gill. Jah is a pretty fickle bastard, isn't he?

Isn't it a joke how we twisted and turned as dubs trying to make out that the OT Jehovah wasn't the nasty jerk he really seemed to be in so many of the stories?

• Gill
    Gill

Yes, Luna! I agree with you, he's fickle, contradictory and extremely unjust!

I don't understand why people view God as good. You get to see all the nasty things he does and promises to do, in this book apparantly written/inspired by him.

It reminds me of '1984' - 'Bad is Good and Good is Bad'.

I don't doubt that there are, at times, such things as a 'Just War'. I think you could argue that the second world war was in principle a 'Just War'.

However, in the OT we see the God of Israelites apparantly commanding total genocide, mass slaughter and murder left right and centre just to gain land.

That's not a Good God there. That's National greed and ambition.

So, there's David being punished half heartedly for sin,.

First he gets away with his adultery with Bathsheba and yet only his family get to suffer for that.

Then he gets away with mass genocide. 'Sorry mate. You can't build the temple. You're dirty for doing what I told you to do!' That is the only consequence.

Something's wrong with the Bible.....very wrong and twisted. It's hardly surprising that religions cause war, and disharmony when no one can agree with what really is wilfull sin or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit