Is ALL sin WILLFULL?

by gumby 183 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Hey!

Let's break this down simply, okay?

God defines "sin", but, God doesn't talk to anybody where we can verify what's going on.

Consequently, we rely ENTIRELY on hearsay.

That HEARSAY can be a book (scripture) or somebody's mental gymnastics.

It isn't testable. That is why "faith" is soooooooo necessary.

Now that we've established the standard of sin (God's opinions) isn't really reliably accurate (hearsay) we move on to what humans do willfully.

Let's ask the question: What difference does it make if I kill you A. Deliberately B. Accidentally if you are DEAD either way?

It doesn't; except to some concept of fairness in holding me accountable. The dead are dead either way.

JUSTICE is requiring each person to be accountable for WHAT THEY DESERVE. What consequence does an UNwillful act require? (Accident)

The SCRIPTURES amply demonstrate that God does not deal with mankind with JUSTICE!

Wuh? Why do I say that?

Because, the offspring of Adam and Eve are said (by St.Augustine) to have INHERITED the "condition" of repugnance (sin) from their parents.

That isn't JUSTICE! It is merely God's reaction.

Further, saving mankind from this condition is weirdly arranged as well. (More a function of theology than logic).

A person (Messiah=Jesus) who is innocent of mankind's SIN is required to PAY for the sins he did not commit! The persons "guilty" of the sin they were born with (not their choice) get off from penalty (Jesus' death in their place) merely by THINKING a certain series of THOUGHTS! i.e. Believing!

This is patchwork thinking at best!

Why do we fret over what loosely educated and superstitious people invented by way of belief thousands of years ago???

Why are we trapped into buying in to any "reality" it may represent when it is all untestable???

This is Christianity's legacy.

None of us KNOWS anything at all about sin in the way we KNOW the sun rises or the rain falls. It is all represented as having credibility.

Why waste your life on such folly?

In everyday life we see the consequences of our choices and actions AS WELL AS the consequences of our accidents. We don't have to wring our hands and furrow our brows over an invisible guy in the sky with a bad case of obsessive compulsive disorder judging our merits by whimsical (unjust) standards.

We all need to get a life!

• gumby
    gumby

Terry....everytime I see your avatar it reminds me of some guy lurking in the shadows with big boobs.

Let's ask the question: What difference does it make if I kill you A. Deliberately B. Accidentally if you are DEAD either way?

It doesn't; except to some concept of fairness in holding me accountable. The dead are dead either way.

Terry Terry Terry! Are you saying that killing someone doesn't really matter except in the eyes of someone who has been pre-conditioned to think it's a bad thing? Why don't you come over and let me hit you in the forehead with a baseball bat and I'll bury you in my backyard and no one will know cept fer you and me?

You mentioned "justice" was not carried out by god in letting mans penalty with Adan and Eves fall result in death. Who's standards did you use in qualifying "justice"?

Btw.....I like what you write for the most part and I like you.......but you just gotta get a boob job ya sick bastard!

Gumby

• luna2
    luna2

Gumby, you goober, Terry looks fine. lol Its just the shadows. ::back to read all the serious stuff::

• Mary
    Mary
    Please be cautious of Mary. She's the one that's a wolf in sheeps clothing with that little angel she uses to sidetrack others and tries to look pure and innocent. In reality she can outcuss, outdrink, and use verbal language on you that would make any man have some serious shrinkage.

I'm sorry, did someone say something? Juni? Luna? Did you hear something?

• luna2
    luna2

There was a little mumbling and a slight whining noise earlier, Mary, but I dismissed it.

• Mary
    Mary
    There was a little mumbling and a slight whining noise earlier, Mary, but I dismissed it.

Ya....we need to be carefule about listening to the voice of strangers on here.....the ones from California are the very worst ...someone might try to lead us down the garden path. Speaking of which, where's that little sh*t Karl this afternoon??

• gumby
    gumby

Maybe it's simply the age of you two girls and ya both need a hearing aid. Or maybe you two don't wash out your ears enough cuz you ain't clean and ya got a wax build up.

Gumearwax

• luna2
    luna2

I'll bet Karlo is out shopping for high heels and hair gel. Well, gum, if it makes you feel better to pretend that we're deef or have ear wax build up, who am I to burst your bubble.

• juni
    juni

Gumbliar said:

I'm afraid however that your going to have to change your name though cuz it sounds demonized. I said it outloud when I saw your post, and the dishes started flying out of my cupboards and there was no one in the kitchen.

Actually that was Goo, his wife, throwing dishes. She don't like his potty mouth and other kinky things he does to her.

Juni

• luna2
    luna2

juni, did you know that Goo is a mermaid? Talk about sinful relations!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit