But what if they're right............still the Truth?

by ScoobySnax 126 Replies latest social family

• mouthy
    mouthy

LOL I hear you. But, you still haven't answered my question. How did that make the "Truth" invalid. Like you , I moved away, left, walked away etc...... BECAUSE THEY ARE LIARS!!!!!

• BritBoy
    BritBoy
    LOL I hear you. But, you still haven't answered my question. How did that make the "Truth" invalid. Like you , I moved away, left, walked away etc......

Ok, here's the deal. No religion on earth can save you... no religion can change your core being... so why are the Witnesses any different? Okay, they promise perfection AFTER the 1000 year reign... so in other words, you have 1000 + however many years they society dictates to overcome your "earthly sins"... JESUS! That's a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG time to remain strong and force yourself to behave contrary to your very fibre. And this perfection in the new system is ONLY if you BLINDLY follow the teaches of men just like you and me... THAT is what makes the "troof" invalid for me.

You have a pm by the way!

• Warlock
    Warlock
    May will jump on ,e for saying this. But go ahead & jump guys....

Not while I'm here, Mouthy. Scooby can believe anything that he wants to.

Warlock

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Again I hear you BritBoy. You are just more comfortable in leaving the Organisation/Truth/Jehovah whatever you want to call it, than I am. Good for you. I can and will not rubbish it though. I agree I started this thread and invited opinion, but I just can't do that.

• BritBoy
    BritBoy
    Again I hear you BritBoy. You are just more comfortable in leaving the Organisation/Truth/Jehovah whatever you want to call it, than I am. Good for you. I can and will not rubbish it though. I agree I started this thread and invited opinion, but I just can't do that.

And I am not asking you to rubbish them! I will happilly do that for you! LOL

No, honestly, I understand where you are coming from. I have a friend who feels exactly as you do. She is so close to jumping ship, knows in her heart of hearts it's all bull kakka poo poo, but can't bring herself to diss it in anyway. And will not read these boards or any books on the matter. I guess it's a bit like the whole coming out process. I was TERRIFIED of taking that final leap of faith into the unkown. Good luck, and if ever you want to chat, drop me a pm.

Brit

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

oh and BTW Granny Mouthy, I love u very much as I remember talking with you about Totnes in Devon. We won't agree, but big hug! xx

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Scooby, if the bible is your standard, then you need to be a serious bible student. I noticed you said "...but none of them seem to have the ring of truth that I remember from the Kingdom Hall. You can call it indoctrination maybe, but it's just how I feel...". From what you said and I may be wrong, but it seems to me that you don't want to do serious research on the topic but rather go by what other people say, going with the argument that sounds the best at the time. That's like saying 'well this sounds plausible, so therefore its most likely right' (incidentally, doesn't the evidence suggests that this is the modus operandi of the organization? That would explain the many changes) Where is the caution in such thinking? It is absolutely disgusting how so many were misled by these self appointed prophets. If they were honest disciples, they would constantly point toward the Christ, not overstepping the boundaries that he set.

There are many doctrines that the witnesses teach that really are personal interpretations and don't stand up to scholarly or biblical light when examined carefully. Why do you think the society has to constantly change doctrine? Why do you think they actively discourage people from checking their history? Why do you think they actively discourage checking out other scholarly works? Although the organization tries to explain away their predictions, why do you think Jesus warned his disciples to stay away from such groups. (Luke 21:8) The truths found in the bible come from Christ and not the society. The fact that they use the bible and point to some of its truth does not make them God organization or spokesman. They self appointed themselves as do so many other religions.

By the way, have you read Crisis of Conscience? also 'in search of Christian freedom? If you haven't, then you have homework. If you want to have a active understanding of what you believe in, there are no shortcuts, you have to do the work.

I also suggest you read 'Combatting Cult mind control' by Steve Hassan. I am not suggesting that the Jdubs are a cult but read the book anyway and see if you notice any thing similar between what members of cults experience and what you may have experienced with the witnesses. By the way, before I read the book I thought that people were going a little extreme in comparing the witnesses with a cult, but you need to do the research and then evaluate the question under this new information.

One more thing, if you haven't attended a university, I suggest you do. I went to my first class yesterday and the professor of my media studies class stressed the importance of intellectual honesty and that he would grab us kicking and screaming into the arena of honest thought. Sounds like a interesting class huh... ;-)

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Cheers BBoy. Good luck to you too. Scoob.

• mouthy
    mouthy

oh and BTW Granny Mouthy, I love u very much as I remember talking with you about Totnes in Devon. We won't agree, but big hug! xx OH THAT WARMED THE COCKLES OF MY HEART(((((((((HUGS & XXXX)))))

• VM44
    VM44

What has the Watchtower gotten right? --VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit