But what if they're right............still the Truth?

by ScoobySnax 126 Replies latest social family

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

theyoungone

Welcome! Glad you chimed in. I speak for many others on here in that we have never been happier in our lives after realizing what the WTBTS is all about.

All I got to say is please stay on here, keep reading, keep opening up your mind. Yes, some are resentful and have expressed themselves in different ways. Who's at fault? We know the answer, the ORG.

And please don't judge us by WT standards (12 or so old men) who call themselves the Governing Body.

Please re-read your post as you have made judgements that I am sure you will agree that are in error.

but I am 100% confident now that I am doing the right thing by working my way back

The prodigal son did not have to "work his way back"?

wac Xelder Xbethelite

• parakeet
    parakeet

Greetings, young one. You ask some good questions. I hope you stay around for a while and check out this site. If you do, I'm sure you'll find answers to all of your questions.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Everything about them is wrong they only have an appearence of being right they are a commercial judaic organisation that has put on the mantle of religion, they are a heartless, pitiless organisation, they are totally unrelated to the christian approach and spirit. They are for ever twisting the Bible to suit their interests and that's why they bother to study it.

• jeanniebeanz
  • LeslieV
    LeslieV

For me personally if I had to live under their explanation of the "New System of Things" I would kill myself. Living forever under a dictator of rules and procedures forever would be like being a Stepford Wife.

Leslie

• moshe
    moshe

Welcome theyoungone.

you said:I know from watching a lot different ones leave the truth they do not seem to be so happy.

Since active witnesses are shunning any who quit, how would you know what their everyday life is like? It's like a mugger asking his victim why he was acting unhappy? Yes, JW's are guilty of mentally beating up any who choose to leave the organization- for any reason. In my case the Elders even went so far as to help my wife hide my kids from me to keep me from seeing them. It took a court order to have them brought out of hiding.

I hope you stick around !

peace,

Moshe

former-JW left in 1988, now Jewish

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Hi and welcome Youngone , don't be too quick to judge us here, yes there may be some that are bitter, but can you really judge them if you don't know their story? As someone else said, please read some of the info on this site so you can get a better idea of what the real issues are. Things are not as they seem, I know it's strange, I was where you are now, not too long ago. It seems to you that JW's are happier people and that if you leave the organization there is no hope for happiness, well that is what has been pounded into our brain for how many years? But, that is not true. I have seen many people that were suffering from a variety of stress related diseases like fibromyalgia, depression etc., and once they learned the truth about "The Truth" their health improved dramatically, and they no longer need medication.

I am currently a fader, my family and I still go once in a blue moon, but after about a year and a half of exhaustive research I no longer believe in what the WTS teaches, I no longer believe in religion in general, I am free from all these superstitions and useless beliefs. My family and I have never been happier and more at peace, and those we have helped out are now completely different people living happy and productive lives, no longer wasting their time believing that this system is going to end, and that they shouldn't pursue a higher education etc. We live moral lives, none of us has left our spouses, we are truly happy. I believe in a creator, but not the god of the bible, that stuff was all made up.

IC

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Scooby-I felt exactly like you for the longest time. Then I sat down and read the entire christian greek scriptures with an open mind as if I had never read the bible before. Then my boss had me read the "Left Behind" series and it gave a different interpretation of scriptures. But what finally helped me was a series of tapes I listened to by Dr. Wayne Dyer and now I am finally free. I realize that had I been born in another part of the world, I would have grown up believing that Buddha or Muhammed was the almighty god and that worshipping them was the only way to go.

I also have to add that after reading Ray Franz' books, I realized that Russell, Rutherford, Knorr and Franz were just men trying to interpret the bible like everyone else. Maybe some things they got right, but they got too much of it wrong. The bible warns us about following after men...that's all they are.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    theyoungone: i would say at least 75% or more are happy but most people in the world are not happy. Y?

First off, welcome. I hope you stick around. You have a LOT to learn about reality.

Secondly, you have chosen a very appropriate name. I will make some positive assertions:

(1) You are not an elder.

(2) You have been raised as a JW.

(3) If you are a male and ever become an elder, your assessment of how many JWs are happy will change dramatically. Ask the elders in your congregation and watch their faces for hesitancy in answering. That will tell you all you need to know.

(4) You do not know "most people in the world" and you are not qualified to determine their relative happiness even if you did.

(5) You do not know "75% or more" of Jehovah's Witnesses (somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 or 5 million) and you are not qualified to determine their relative happiness even if you did.

(6) You clap at conventions when they talk about Jehovah's Witnesses being the happiest people on earth, without knowing that EVERY Christian religion says that about themselves, and their adherents clap, too.

More to the point: Is happiness a determinant of whether a teaching is true or false? Is finding happiness the goal of Christians?

Allow me an analogy: If I go to the doctor complaining of chest pains and the doctor examines me and says I don't have heart trouble, that would make me happy. But if the doctor only told me that to make me happy, I would not change my diet, I would not change my exercise, I would not change anything as a result of his diagnosis. What if I did have heart trouble, and the doctor knew it? I would be happy, but would it be truth that made me happy, or a lie?

A lie. A lie is not the truth.

For instance, either the Bible teaches that persons MUST preach prior to Christian baptism, or it does not. Consider the accounts in Acts of the Ethiopian eunuch (chapter 8), Cornelius (chapter 10), the 3,000 in one day (chapter 2), Lydia and the Philippian jailer (chapter 16). Once you have done that, ask yourself whether the Bible teaches that persons MUST preach before Christian baptism.

Then consider this: Did the persons who wrote the book What Does the Bible Really Teach? research the Bible when they wrote it? Surely, they did. Where did they find any evidence in the Scriptures during their research that indicated preaching prior to baptism is a requirement for Christian baptism when writing Chapter 18 of that book?

Then ask yourself: What do you call it when someone intentionally says a thing they know to be untrue, and tries to convince people that it is true?

I call it a lie. Not a lie that will make people unhappy, unless they discover the lie. But whether or not anyone figures out that it is a lie, it remains a lie. An actively taught, current lie. That your religion asks you to teach in the name of Jehovah. I dno't expect you to be happy about that.

Why do you expect I would be happy to find out that the religion ALL of my family are in, and to which I devoted a sizable chunk of my life, teaches lies? That isn't something that would make anyone happy. Of course, I don't seek truth in order to be happy. I seek truth in order to "know the truth." It has been said that "ignorance is bliss" and I do not know whether there is merit to the statement. But I do know that the initial reactions to finding out that I have believed intentional lies is righteous indignation and pain at my own foolishness and the loss of my family. Nnoe of these make me particularly happy.

But, I believe that God is a spirit. And those worsipping him MUST worship with spirit AND TRUTH. (John 4) Do you believe that? I believe that NO ONE can take away my integrity. Do you agree?

If so, you better make very certain that you aren't teaching happifying lies to other people just because your religion tells you to teach the lies.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

TheYoungOne..Your opinions are straight from the WatchTower,do you have any of your own?..As you can see there are many happy people here.There are many happy people in the world..Open your eyes..For decades I listened to older ones talking about armageddon,they are all dead..Do some research on the organization that runs the JW`s..The WBT$ is incappable of being truthfull..JW`s mearly repeat thier lies..Welcome to the board...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit