But what if they're right............still the Truth?

by ScoobySnax 126 Replies latest social family

• greendawn
    greendawn

I had that syndrome for many years until the internet came out and then it became obvious that they weren't right and the world would lose nothing good if they disappeared. This is nothing but an elaborate deception.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I'm sorry but NO WAY!!! After reading all the abuse cover-ups by the WBTS and elders etc. I would rather die at the big A than support a man-made organization that is responsible for ruining thousands of lives and families.

• MsUrsy
    MsUrsy

I think I know how you feel! I have often thought that what I learned at the KH was the closest to the "truth"...but....the vast majority in there lack one certain quality that would IDENTIFY true christians...and that is LOVE! Most of what I saw in the Kingdom Halls I attended....was a true phony disposition...trying to be loving, but just missing the mark of genuiness....And then there were the ones that were just out and out cruel...shunning, gossiping, backbiters...it was a sad mess....And I don't believe it to be mere imperfection, some of these people were putting on good shows and being so incredibly hypocritical. Alot of the elders displayed a shameful amount of favortism and even if wrong doing was done...it was swept under rugs to the advantage of the one who was favored at the time! So remember that scripture.."You will know my disciples by their love"...I have made the choice to not research any longer, (at this time anyway), to look for answers regarding christanity, and so when bible in any context is being discussed around me, I revert to the JW teachings that I know, and draw my conclusions from that! Maybe that is what you also may be doing?? As for what some of the others have said on here...to live forever with the majority of any of those people I attended the Halls with would be a living hell for me! So...if God, whoever he may be, doesn't think it okay that I am trying to live my life morally, raise my children morally, and trying to be a good person....then let him cast the first stone! Hope you get to feeling better on the subject!

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Scooby Snax said: "it's not the "threat" of Armageddon that makes me feel that way, it's just that I suck up every religious debate online I can, but none of them seem to be right to me, and I'm trying to word this right so you don't jump all over me, ...but none of them seem to have the ring of truth that I remember from the Kingdom Hall. You can call it indoctrination maybe, but it's just how I feel. Of course most of the time I can get on and live my life, but sometimes it still jabs me in the neck." Scooby - That feeling you have is simply the result of JW emotional blackmail/brainwashing. You just have to learn that feelings are not facts; and get the facts. Also, some counselling might help with the guilt issues, related to anxiety linked to brainwashing. It's real, but it ain't true. Like we keep pointing out here, the bOrg gets it wrong way more often than it gets anything right. They have whored themselves to the UN and have changed their doctrines and policies too often to be taken seriously - and have done so at the expense of others' lives. They're hypocritical control freaks who still have you in their grip; get some help for your feelings. Feelings ain't facts, baby. We're here for you.

• moshe
    moshe

it's just that I suck up every religious debate online I can, but none of them seem to be right to me, and I'm trying to word this right so you don't jump all over me, ...but none of them seem to have the ring of truth that I remember from the Kingdom Hall.

Man gravitates toward logic and predictability in his quest to understand the world around him. Much like the "card counter" at a Las Vegas Black Jack table, he is always looking for an edge to better his odds of winning. Religion is like that,too. Everyone wants an inside track to God's mind and His plans for the future. The ancient Egyptians had their Book of the Dead, which the Priests sold along with amulets to guarantee passage to the afterlife. It sounds like trickery to us, but isn't modern day religion a little of this, too?

Back to logic. Scientists have argued for universe of predictability for centuries. Even Einstein said : "God doesn't play dice with the Universe". Unfortunately, experiments carried out by Quantum Mechanic theorists seem to show that God does play dice after all. The implications are that their is no personal God and he does not know what is going to happen to us in the future. For further analysis read this lecture by Stephen Hawking. http://www.hawking.org.uk/text/public/dice.html

Sorry to bring this bad news to some of you.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Error

Sorry, an error has occured which has been logged for the attention of the system administrator.

what is up with posting lately??

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

ScoobySnax:It's an uncomfortable fact that Jehovah/God whatever you want to call him, did always have a people

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I've often pondered that as well. But I've not been able to completely understand why, hope nobody takes offense by this, why he chose such a stupid people. Hand them a lit firecracker and say: "Here hold this" and they would!

The formatting seems to have a mind of it's own

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

All I could come up with so far that makes any sense at all is he was making some sort of a point by picking these people. I can't believe he picked them because he was so fond of them and all their fine attributes such as stubbornness, fickleness, impatience etc. etc. There is a moral to the Bible story if we stop focusing so much on all the clutter. They weren't chosen because they were so righteous. After reading the bible, whatever translation, the only thing that remains consistent is what's in your heart is what counts. plm

tried to put it all in one post but can't. error error error error

• hambeak
    hambeak

Scooby I can really relate to your delemma however ask yourself did you choose your lifestyle or were you born that way? If you chose it you can change if you're born that way you can't so did God create you evil? I don't think so. It took me a lot of years and anguish to wake up. Also remember Pauls letter to the corinthians that you can have the gift of tongues, prophecy, healing, etc but if you do not have LOVE you are nothing so love conquers all

Ham

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit