• under_believer
    under_believer

Economic Left/Right: -5.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95
    ...if you must know.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

think karma.

realize that those same kids will mostlikely one day beat the crap out of their mother and she will wonder why.

• anewme
    anewme

I applaud you for making a scene about that womans rudeness. There is just too much disregard for others going on!

My father openly stood up against rudeness and injustice and it used to embarrass me but now as an adult I see the need to address certain situations and rude people and make them answer for their actions and let them know their behaviour is unacceptable.

I am new at this. But when an unruly young man of seven was bouncing a ball in a retail store where I worked I spoke up "Little boy, dont bounce a ball in the store please"

The boys mother went straight to my manager and named me in a complaint stating I had disciplined her son
    and humiliated him in front of others by calling him a "little boy".

My manager just shrugged it off and we all couldnt wait until the woman left with her "young man". Jeesh.

I'm new to standing up for myself. It is a completely new thing for me to do so. I never did as a JW. Just turn the other cheek. Try to let it go.

Two weeks ago I was rearended in a car accident. The 20 something male got out and viewed my car and smiled and said the damage was nothing.
    I said "I beg to differ! Look at the alignment of the trunk! It is all askew! It was not like that before you hit me. Look at my scuffed bumper and now cracked tail light!"

Again he smirked and laughed and assured me his insurance would take care of it.

I point blank asked him why he was smiling and so jovial when he had just rearended me and my good mother in law was now crouched in a fetal position in the back seat of my car????
    "Are you on drugs or under the influence of alcohol?"
    "Do I need to call the police?"
    "Let me see your driver's license or I.D."
    "What year make and model is your car......"
    I was very assertive and I stayed cool and calm and in charge and got all the info I needed.

Before this I was hit years ago and being very mousy and scared of people I just smiled and waved the person off and drove off with my damaged car. Good grief huh? Like all my naive goodness was being banked somewhere for the day when I would need it----yeah right!

I dont believe being afraid of people and cowering before rude people is the way to live.

My actions no longer besmudge J.Hovers name, they reflect only on my own. The time has come to take a stand.

Time for A New Me!

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

A child bumps into you and you explode like a raging maniac in the middle of the restaurant?

Dude, you seem to have a problem; might want to have that checked out.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

What's my compass? Right about were I expected it to be.

Economic Left/Right: 3.00

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.03

However, like with any "test" there are questions that are misleading.

So what's your point?

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    A child bumps into you and you explode like a raging maniac in the middle of the restaurant?

Dude, you seem to have a problem; might want to have that checked out.

And this is coming from someone that has theatened me with physical violence? Pot meet kettle.

Just in case you forgot. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/117050/2054424/post.ashx#2054424 If you think I exploded, then your reading skills are as poor as your ability to argue a valid point.

• bebu
    bebu

That sounds extremely frustrating... but calling a 12-year old a poor excuse for a human being over his immaturity is overacting, in my view.

I don't see that the political views of this person are the cause of what happened. I'm sure any political party would be embarassed by this irresponsible behavior. Really, the biggest irony is that this world-wary parent was certainly not taking responsibility for what part of the world she HAD control of.

bebu

I just shook my head and smiled. Isn't that typical. Being a leftist means never having to be responsible nor apologizing for your mistakes.

And being a right wingnut means you can go get drunk, blast holes in your lawyer friend with a shotgun, and order the killings of thousands of people for the sole purpose of lining the pockets of your supporters/buddies with cash, so they can kick it back to you in the next political campaign (can you say H A L I B U R T O N?)..

Your ignorant effort to stereotype "liberals" is analogous to the racist who stereotypes folks based on their ethnicity.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    but calling a 12-year old a poor excuse for a human being over his immaturity is overacting, in my view.

If you are going to quote me, please quote me correctly.

I then said that this poor excuse for a human, let alone a parent, should pay for the meal that her brat ruined.

XJW4EVR, of the please quote accurately class.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Indeed, some people feel as though they owe no one apologies, regardless of their actions. If someone is out of line, I have no issue whatsover pointing that out to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit