What's Wrong With Some Parents?

by XJW4EVR 79 Replies latest social family

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Today, I go over to a fast food place for lunch, and while I am walking to find a table with my food, a group of rowdy and unsupervised 10-12 year olds come tearing through the restaurnat, and one of them runs into me. My food and drink goes flying, and I shoot daggers at the stupid brat. This brat doesn't even apologize. In comes the mother, and I ask her if that child is her's or if she is responsible for it. She asks why, and I proceed to explain to her what happened, and how I would appreciate it if she mad good on the food that this brat ruined. Not only did she look me dead in the eye and say no, but she didn't even apologize. Now I am mad. So I proceeded to raise my voice and announce to the restaurant, that this woman's brats are now in the restaurant, and that if her brats damage or ruin your meals she is not responsible. The manager then darts out from behind the counter, and asks me to lower my voice. To which I reply that I will, and that I had said my peace. He then offers to replace my meal at no charge. I thanked him, but that since the problem was not his restaurant's he should not have to pay for it. I then said that this poor excuse for a human, let alone a parent, should pay for the meal that her brat ruined. The manager said that he understood my anger, but that this wouldn't happen, so again he offered to replace it. This time I took him up on it, since this woman was obviously taught to never take responsibility for the actions of her brat or the brats that she was allegedly responsible for. Anyway, we both finished eating around the same time, and I walked out to the parking lot to drive back to work. What car do I see this woman and her brats get into, why a brand new Volvo, with a plethora of anti-Bush and pro-leftist bumper stickers on them.
    I just shook my head and smiled. Isn't that typical. Being a leftist means never having to be responsible nor apologizing for your mistakes.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    Isn't that typical. Being a leftist means never having to be responsible nor apologizing for your mistakes.

What happened to you isn't funny whatsoever, and you handled it nicely. Your above statement made me chuckle.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Being a leftist means never having to be responsible nor apologizing for your mistakes.

But YOU would have to.

Warlock

• under_believer
    under_believer

Nice ad hominem; can I use cite it in the future as an good example of the type?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    What car do I see this woman and her brats get into, why a brand new Volvo, with a plethora of anti-Bush and pro-leftist bumper stickers on them. I just shock my head and smiled. Isn't that typical. Being a leftist means never having to be responsible nor apologizing for your mistakes.

Ah yes, the good old fashioned generalization: the brilliant tactic of applying a unique situation to an entire categorization of people! Carry on in your fight against the dreaded Liberal, fellow soldier!

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Just my personal musings, about a person who was obviously fleshing out her political views. I am sure that your more noble leftist never do that to conservatives.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Yes, sirnose, I am sure that you liberals NEVER EVER do the same. WHat a bunch of hypocritical babies.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

You know, if you had your trusty service bag full of watchtowers and your NWT you could have bashed them really good or at least left a mark on her new volvo....

But seriously....

If this had been my boys...not that my boys would ever be allowed to tear through the McDonalds or where ever...I would have offered to pay for your new meal and apologized a million + 1 times. I would have been mortified.

Best Regards,

Chrystal

PS: Would you like that meal supersized?

• under_believer
    under_believer

This isn't us or them, though I do appear (much to my surprise) to be liberal. I never said people who subscribe to that ideology are any less prone, on average, to the kinds of logical fallacies that you appear to indulge in at every opportunity.
    No, I'm just here to point at the fallacies and laugh.
    Ha! Ha!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Yes, sirnose, I am sure that you liberals NEVER EVER do the same. WHat a bunch of hypocritical babies.

Who said either side was free of accusation? Secondly, before you generalize again and lump me within "you liberals," know where I stand: Economic Left/Right: -3.00 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.10 What's your alignment?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit