Name Things JWs Try To "Demonize"

by minimus 83 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Fortune cookies. In my family, you were allowed to eat the cookie, but not ever read the fortune. Else, demons would follow you. Boo!

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

Anyone ever hear of the giant wooden fork and spoon demons?

Drugs were a gateway for them.

Totem poles

He-man

I was told the band -- The Eagles got there name from a talking eagle

Teen wolf

Divining rods

Meditation

Stevie Nicks

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

aniron

I think these are examples of how congregations vary from each other, even countries,

This is so true with several congs I attended in the same CITY. I've attended a couple congs that were wAay out there in the paranoid dept. and others that were much more normal but still had many little stupid quirks about demonzz. The last cong I attended had more of an obsession with jewelry and being careful not to wear things that may have symbols on them. They didn’t seem to care about music or movies as long as it didn’t contain profanity.

• dido
    dido

Oh yeah just remembered that at weddings, you weren`t allowed to throw confetti, or carry a black cat, don`t know about the saying `something old something new` that`s probably a demon practise too!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

all of my music

Incense, candles, Cross or Crucifix, or any symbols, (not sure if its pagan or demonic)

T.V. Shows: Bewitched, I dream of Jeanie, Twilight Zone, Romper Room, HR Puff and Stuff and of course Smurfs

Most Movies I like such as: Exorcist, Amityville Horror, Poltergiest, Texas Chainsaw Massacare, Nightmare on Elm street, Friday the 13th,

Posters of music groups, any book that was not published in Bethel, Video cassettes of music videos's, geesh I think a shorter list would be what is not Demonized!

• restrangled
    restrangled

I may be getting this wrong but I remember a watchtower quoting the Beetles song "Come Together"....was that the title?

Anyway I remember someone quoting the lyric "feel his disease" and stating this was an example of the last days and the corruption of society in general.

I was soooo young but remember my skin crawling hearing the comments.

Later, my father, an elder who was always into music he loved Dave Brubeck, and anything new. He bought a reel to reel which was huge back then.

My mother loved, Cat Stevens, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young and Gorden Lightfoot. I grew up with that supposed demonic music, but it was all well loved in my house and played almost everyday. (Elder for a father and very devout mom)....GO FIGURE!

This seems like fodder for a new topic....I'll start and let's see what happens!

r.

• serendipity
    serendipity

One sister told me the reason that oral sex was so enjoyable is because the demons were participating.

• mama1119
    mama1119

New Kids on the Block

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Everything is bad to the Jw's. Having fun and being alive is bad, Music bad, sports bad, money bad.

Service good, contributions good.

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley
    One sister told me the reason that oral sex was so enjoyable is because the demons were participating

I must have dated a Demon in College. I totally forgot that Oral Sex was against the rules... oops. I remember asking why once, though I had no idea what it was, and my aunt saying, "oh, Sailor, I'm never eating at your house."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit