Name Things JWs Try To "Demonize"

by minimus 83 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Midwich Cuckoo,

The second - hand goods idea isn't just a US thing, I'm actually from the UK.

Seriously, some of the elders in my kh used to frown on anyone who bought from charity or second - hand shops, but it was ok to buy a second - hand car or a house.

Another example of double standards, I suppose.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I used to hear stories of Demons 'attaching' themselves to things in peoples homes (why on Earth WOULD THEY?) - and if you 'acquired' anything from a dubious house, it could possibly have a an Evil Spirit attached. It's quite funny really.

• minimus
    minimus

And yet the Society or local KHs would have no problem buying an old church and converting it for their own use.

• Morocco
    Morocco

did anyone get the "techno and trance music are bad because they are repetative and they put you in a 'trance' and demons can GET YOU in a trance!"

• minimus
    minimus

ALL music is BAD, according to JWs! If it sounds good or looks good-----it's probably taboo. Witnesses say everything is wrong. You can't say "bless you!" when someone sneezes. That's demonic. Tipping your hat to a lady is "creature worship" Clicking glasses and "toasting" involves wicked spirits. JWs are the dumbest people on earth, I swear.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    Buying second - hand goods

They were totally hot on that in our congregation, up in the north of England. Stuff like anything from a charity shop or a car boot sale - you didnt know whose house it had come from and so could easily be demonised, and any item, it seemed, worked as a conduit for demons to get into your house.

I remember getting bible studies to purge their houses of second hand books, ornaments and kitchen utensils.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I was told insence could bring demons.

NagChampa any one?

lisa

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

They always used to tell a story about a boy whose parents told him only to cross a busy road at a particular place where there were lights. One day he 'disobeyed his parents' and decided to run across the road at an unauthorised place.

He got knocked down by a car and killed.

The moral of the story was if you disobey your parents you die.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

If I was a Demon, I'd find better things to do than attach myself to a Pyrex dish or fish-slice.

Are household items the Spirit-World's mode of transport?

• dido
    dido

I was told yoga was bad as you can get so relaxed that you were in a state where spirits can get to you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit